Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer updated my EX-L via a USB stick to see if that would eliminate the flashing/going blank issue. No dice. Next they want to replace the entire display, but they say it is backordered, and they have absolutely no idea when it will be in stock. Anyone else have a similar issue?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Dealer updated my EX-L via a USB stick to see if that would eliminate the flashing/going blank issue. No dice. Next they want to replace the entire display, but they say it is backordered, and they have absolutely no idea when it will be in stock. Anyone else have a similar issue?
call your next closest dealer parts department. Give them tbe PN for the headunit & ask if its in stock.
I call mine all the time for items.

if they say its a day out or in stock, call back the dealer you went to and ream the advisor and manager

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Generally, Honda should be able to get a firm estimate on a backordered OEM part. The problem with this particular part is it is actually a Mitsubishi part that Honda specified and integrared into their gen5 platform... so it could be that Mitsubishi is backordered and not being transparent to Honda dealers.

There is also some signs in discussions over the last year that Mitsubishi is also playing games with supplies to Honda, trying to stall and delay to try to inhibit warranty returns and replacements.

So.. who knows for sure.

If it were me, I would follow the advice above about polling a different dealer, and failing that.. I would reach out directly to Honda Corporate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, all. I called another dealer, and they said the screen was showing up in their system. Called the first dealer back, and magically the screen is on its way now.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Thanks, all. I called another dealer, and they said the screen was showing up in their system. Called the first dealer back, and magically the screen is on its way now.
Awesome. (y) (y)

If it were me, I would report the lazy attitude of your dealer to Honda corporate ... for not even bothering to reach out FOR you to the other dealer, and instead inserting their thumbs you-konw-where. Honda does not like dealers stiff arming their owners... and if the list of grievances add up over time.. that dealer could be in actual trouble with Honda.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i had the problem a few times in the first 10 mths of ownership. then it just went away. Not aware of any software updates when the oil was change in Nov 2018 as I was told in June my VIN showed i had the latest software.
hope the replacement resolves your issue... the issue hasn't happened again for me in 14 mths.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2017 ex-l that just started doing this. What was your fix?
The official path from Honda is 1) update the firmware, then 2) replace the display if that doesn't fix the issue. I don't believe there is any other fix they have other than those two things, so I'm hoping replacing the display fixes it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts