• Why wont Honda fix the Hissing noise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Honda CR-V 2013, like everyone else i found out quickly the "HISSSING noise is from a poorly designed "a/c equalizer" , to relieve the pressure in a/c. I never had a car that hissed at me and WASN'T broken . Aside from getting 29-35 mpg the car is really a throw -away car - i found out. Recently had a fat tire on my way to work. I'm no stranger to jacking a car up on the hwy and changing a flat tire but-- really -- I've NEVER had lug nut twist off from using only the lug nut wrench provided . The lug nut bound , I used a little more force and snap, lug nut and bolt broke off . Front tire I thought no big deal- go to dealership have new bolt and lug nut put back in -wrong----first my wife was told by Rick Case Honda it would 10.00 for the bolt and Labor. When she got to the dealership , i don't if it was because she is a woman or not BUT, the price changed from 10.00 plus labor to over 410.00 because the front wheel bearings CAN NOT be re-used again. really- OK a bearing......that turns round and round and is ONLY 24 mos old ,30,000 miles on it CAN NOT be re-used (meaning put back).. is a throw away part now and it costs 130.00 ea. to replace for a throw- away part . That would mean- this front wheel drive brake job will cost OVER 500.00---130.00 X 2 260.00, 2 hr labor @95.00 180.00 , that's 440.00...plus rotor and pads . really.-Even better- the headlight showed peeling and the rear center brake light got water in it, the map and dome lights developed a sticky haze over them... i don't use any cleaners on them .and the jack- 24 mos old looks like this , even though Rick Case swears they didn't steal my jack and replace with this one : 20150529_064327.jpg :mad: I've spoken to Honda America about this and How bad Rick Case dealership treats people......they apologized and said the would contact the dealership and i should hear back from customer service advisor . for those people who need to vent-(310)-783-2000, tell the operator you need to talk to Honda, automotive customer service . I'm still waiting

·
Registered
644 Posts
I bought Honda CR-V 2013, like everyone else i found out quickly the "HISSSING noise is from a poorly designed "a/c equalizer" , to relieve the pressure in a/c. I never had a car that hissed at me and WASN'T broken . Aside from getting 29-35 mpg the car is really a throw -away car - i found out. Recently had a fat tire on my way to work. I'm no stranger to jacking a car up on the hwy and changing a flat tire but-- really -- I've NEVER had lug nut twist off from using only the lug nut wrench provided . The lug nut bound , I used a little more force and snap, lug nut and bolt broke off . Front tire I thought no big deal- go to dealership have new bolt and lug nut put back in -wrong----first my wife was told by Rick Case Honda it would 10.00 for the bolt and Labor. When she got to the dealership , i don't if it was because she is a woman or not BUT, the price changed from 10.00 plus labor to over 410.00 because the front wheel bearings CAN NOT be re-used again. really- OK a bearing......that turns round and round and is ONLY 24 mos old ,30,000 miles on it CAN NOT be re-used (meaning put back).. is a throw away part now and it costs 130.00 ea. to replace for a throw- away part . That would mean- this front wheel drive brake job will cost OVER 500.00---130.00 X 2 260.00, 2 hr labor @95.00 180.00 , that's 440.00...plus rotor and pads . really.-Even better- the headlight showed peeling and the rear center brake light got water in it, the map and dome lights developed a sticky haze over them... i don't use any cleaners on them .and the jack- 24 mos old looks like this , even though Rick Case swears they didn't steal my jack and replace with this one : View attachment 46153 :mad: I've spoken to Honda America about this and How bad Rick Case dealership treats people......they apologized and said the would contact the dealership and i should hear back from customer service advisor . for those people who need to vent-(310)-783-2000, tell the operator you need to talk to Honda, automotive customer service . I'm still waiting
I feel for your bad experience with the vehicle and the dealer. I had another brand SUV and got into a situation with deceptive service practice at a dealer. That manufacturer clearly told me they are only responsible for parts quality and not service quality. Dealers are supposed to follow pre-determined service procedures based on what you tell them, like doctors. When you face a service writer, he/she will read from whatever prompts appear on the computer screen before them. Some of them may not be relevant to your car. If you are lucky the problem may get fixed. If not, they will try another service procedure.

I had a similar experience with the jack on my 2014 CR-V. The screw rod seemed bent, making it difficult to crank when the jack reaches a certain height. I took it to the selling dealer. He simply went to another CR-V on the lot and got me another jack.

I think we started expecting too much for too long from this manufacturer. In my opinion they have gone from "if you build it right, they will come", to "let's flood the media with ads and see what bites". Poor Soichiro must be turning in his grave. I would suggest adding another option to your poll: Never blindly buy this brand again without researching actual owner feedback.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just my 0.02 here, I barely qualify since I own my V for just 10 months so far...
I rarely took my 2005 CR-V to any Honda dealership thanks to hearing (mostly) horror stories about their service. I visited a local Honda dealer only once just to get the Takata airbags replaced.
Just a question though, have you tried a local repair shop. I once had problems with my exhaust, took it to Firestone and Firestone told me I need to change the whole exhaust system. I then took my V to an Auto Parts shop to diagnose my check engine light, then took it to a local repair shop to fix just the O2 sensors for 1/8 of the price quoted by Firestone.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
There is a difference in Honda dealerships. Some are outstanding in customer service and integrity. Bommarito Honda St. Louis Mo. is the best! ...a happy customer several times over, me. And yes, that does have a lot to do with the overall experiences with the Honda product.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have a 2011. Made in Ohio. It has been faultless. Bought my first Honda from this dealership in 1984. Three since then. Never had a complaint. They looked after me. In one case even when Honda turned me down.

However, I would hesitate to choose a current CRV. Never seen so many scary reports.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have a 2011. Made in Ohio. It has been faultless. Bought my first Honda from this dealership in 1984. Three since then. Never had a complaint. They looked after me. In one case even when Honda turned me down.

However, I would hesitate to choose a current CRV. Never seen so many scary reports.
No problems with mine after five months and 4525 miles!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
No problems with all the Honda's I've owned over the past few decades now.

P.S. I only ever went to the stealership for warranty stuff and nothing else! Especially never did their "recommended services". What a waste of money, and you don't void your warranty!

Honda is still a Honda!:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well my 2014 CRV Touring will be my last Honda, as now there is little difference between Honda and the Big 3. There was a time,when assembled inJapan, that Honda was leagues ahead in build quality and engineering. Unfortunately that ended when assembly came to Canada. Couple that with engineering cuts to be price competitive and you get what I got. The fortunate/unfortunate thing, depending on perspective, is the plethora of things I don't like will likely be around for a long time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well my 2014 CRV Touring will be my last Honda, as now there is little difference between Honda and the Big 3. There was a time,when assembled inJapan, that Honda was leagues ahead in build quality and engineering. Unfortunately that ended when assembly came to Canada. Couple that with engineering cuts to be price competitive and you get what I got. The fortunate/unfortunate thing, depending on perspective, is the plethora of things I don't like will likely be around for a long time.
Not sure you can make a sweeping generalization that vehicles made in other parts of the world are better than North America - for example my last car (non-Honda) was a well known Japanese brand and my car was made in Japan and was a POS...hence my new "V":cool:

·
Registered
868 Posts
First of all, are you sure your CTV was assembled in Canada? My understanding was that Touring models are not made in Alliston, Ont.

I have 2011 CRV manufactured in Ohio. It gas been flawless. Even better than my 2003 which was made in Japan.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
What kind of problems have you had with yours? I have only had the dreaded rattle twice so far and nothing else. I love this car still.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I agree - the poll is lame. If OP wants to vent, then vent.

My 2 cents...

I am a satisfied owner of a 2012 CRV EX and 2013 CRV EX-L. That said, I did a LOT of homework before buying and had accurate & reasonable expectations about what I was getting. There have been no surprises after the sale for me.

We have an excellent local Honda dealership here. The service is second to none and the buying experience has always been pleasurable and without surprises. This may be one of the reasons I have kept coming back to Honda over the years. Dealership experience makes or breaks it for me - I have left car brands I was loyal to simply because I never wanted to set foot in the local dealer again.

I've owned many Honda's over the years - civics, accords, and our current CRVs. I do think the Honda brand image has gotten "lost". I feel the Honda product managers have gotten lost in the mire of too many model variations and difficulty positioning against the 'luxury' Acura models. Feature sets are no longer based on what the Brand-loyal customer needs and wants - they are created to generate up-sell revenue and avoid stealing sales from the other models.

Honda used to be known for simple, reliable, vehicles of high functional quality. This image has gotten lost and confused. Honda needs to simplify its offerings. The vehicles have become a mish-mash of overly complex high tech features that are semi useful and in order to integrate these, Honda has cheaped-out or lost focus on what it did best - high quality fit, finish and functionality in a no-frills long lasting vehicle.

EDIT: And please, please, please Honda, it is time for a new color palette!

·
Registered
381 Posts
No more hondas for me. After my original 14 v that had horrible vtc rattle and then the replacement that still rattled. Inexcusable for an oem in 2015 to tell it's customers there's "no fix" for a widespread and known problem.

Simply put honda does not deserve to be on the pedestal i once put them on and that's ashame. Just my .02

·
Administrator
3,298 Posts
My first Honda has 201k miles on and going strong.
I'm hoping to convince wifey to get a 2015 Touring.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts