Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to this forum after failing to find the Honda Karma UK forum. Anyone know what has happened to it ? I haven't been on it since last year.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
Long gone down the toilet hole.

I know one of the former owners.

The new(er) folks who took over the site and rebranded it as "H-Tune" were a bunch of idiots and ran it into the ground and I'm guessing its totally died a death. The new(er) site owners were absolute bellends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Long gone down the toilet hole.

I know one of the former owners.

The new(er) folks who took over the site and rebranded it as "H-Tune" were a bunch of idiots and ran it into the ground and I'm guessing its totally died a death. The new(er) site owners were absolute bellends.
Thanks for the quick reply, so is this now the the go to forum in the UK for CR-V's

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
220 Posts
I was amazed that there wasn't an active UK CRV forum. I came across H Tune but I wouldn't classify it as active so I joined this one. I've since discovered that virtually every other marque has UK forums which are full of pretty enthusiastic contributors. I just wonder whether previous Honda forum members have migrated to the Dacia, Nissan, MG etc brands as on paper they offer SUVs which are similarly specced as Hondas but for a lot less money.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
To be honest, I joined this site back in 2013 when I had my first 4th Gen CR-V.

I really think this place is brilliant, despite the natural heavy participation by our US friends - who are always willing to assist.

Genuinely never bothered me that there isnt a UK-specific site - if only because this one is very rich in resource.

HondaKarma turned to shit when the owner left. And as you can see, that shit has now evaporated since the new owners were bellends who didnt know WTF they were doing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest, I joined this site back in 2013 when I had my first 4th Gen CR-V.

I really think this place is brilliant, despite the natural heavy participation by our US friends - who are always willing to assist.

Genuinely never bothered me that there isnt a UK-specific site - if only because this one is very rich in resource.

HondaKarma turned to shit when the owner left. And as you can see, that shit has now evaporated since the new owners were bellends who didnt know WTF they were doing.
Do you know why the owner of Honda Karma left ?

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
I do, but I wont say why. Its not my reasoning to share.

He had previously set to the UK Honda Accord club as well, before creating a unique all-Honda site.

Beyond that, its not for me to spill someone elses reasons when it was a private discussion. Not trying to be awkward about it, just dont feel its right for me to "tittle-tattle", so to speak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda Karma became H-Tune before it disappeared.
There was a H-Tune group on Facebook which has now been renamed Civic Life, and according to some posts on that page they're hoping to resurrect the forums, together with all the historical posts, under the name 'Civic Life', and they hope to have it ready "soon", which might be in the next month or two.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
No thanks. HK, H Tune, Civic Life, Civic Death or whatever can stay in the vanished doldrums. Those running it are about as clued up as a one legged turkey is in a marathon.

HK under the previous owner, who I knew well and was moderator for, ran it well. Its been a complete disaster thereafter. Anyway, I couldnt care less now. I have a CR-V, not a Civic, and this forum is great and I have no need to ever frequent a rehashed relic, no matter what its called.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts