Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Honda link has issued an update, which allows certain 2016 vehicles to program their GPS from their phone...

Tried it.....works awesome

·
Registered
381 Posts
The new Android version came out ten days ago on April Fool's day, which may have been intentional. :)

Here are the 3 top reviews:

Dave Warren 4/4/16
Caution - don't update This update adds an additional lock screen to your phone when it's connected to your vehicle. Too much hassle to use with far to little benefit to the user. I'll schedule my appointments the old fashioned way - by calling on the phone. Uninstalling just as soon as this review is finished.
Sean Brennan 4/6/16
Sad Useless on Android. Even worse now, it's annoying too! What's with the new pop-up asking me if "I'm safe"?!!! Seriously big brother, annoying!!! And we can't even disable the prompt after shutting off all notifications??!!!! Uninstalled.
Doug Hay 4/6/16
Miserable update Makes a near useless app even worse. The lock screen while the car is turned on is unnecessary babysitting. Then, every time you go to your phone after driving the car, this app is front and foremost. Committee decision making at its worst. Honda may be good at car mechanics, but miserable at software. Edit: sitting in car, accessory mode, this app jumps in front on phone and interferes. Uninstall.
Based on those 3 most recent reviews, I'm not even going to try/re-install it. Apparently, it adds some kind of extra lock screen or legal disclaimer and it puts itself as a priority on top of other programs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Based on those 3 most recent reviews, I'm not even going to try/re-install it. Apparently, it adds some kind of extra lock screen or legal disclaimer and it puts itself as a priority on top of other programs.

Only based my trial by using Apple, Android usually not so good with Honda........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts