Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this was brought to my attention by member Tkcr-

Honda Locals Star in Television Spot

More than 75 Honda of America Manufacturing Inc. associates are getting television exposure this weekend as a commercial touting the East Liberty Auto Plant’s quality award began a three-week broadcast rotation.

Entitled, Going to Work, the 30-second spot highlights ELP as having the best quality of any auto plant in North America after it earned the 2009 Gold Award for best quality from the J.D. Power & Associates Initial Quality Survey.

Spokesman Ron Lietzke said more than 400 associates responded to requests for extras to show up Sept. 20 — a Sunday.

Rubin Postaer and Associates, Honda’s longtime advertising agency, didn’t need that many, but the workers picked ended up working from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. A little more than a dozen were used from 4 to 8 p.m. the next day to provide all the video footage recorded by Great Guns Production, a Venice, Calif., company.

Great Guns had a crew of 60 to set up lights and equipment, organize Honda workers and film the footage used in the commercial.

This was the first time a large number of associates participated in a Honda commercial, Mr. Lietzke said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R16qK54Rmw

·
Registered
371 Posts
So where is TKCR??? or is it TK-Waldo??:)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The shot of the rear Naples Gold 01 CRV SE would have been mine. I was picked to take part in the commercial. I had to decline because I had a prior commitment, plus I cringe at getting up that early in the morning. We had to be there at 6 am and that was after working the night before until 12:30 am. So they used someone elses CRV for that shot.

·
Registered
371 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts