Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently updated the Navigation software on my 08 CRV only to find that it had not inproved from the 8 year old maps that I had before. It doesn't seem to matter which routing mode you select, it takes you on a roundabout route. For example, I travel from central TX to MT which is 1300 miles. Google maps does the trip in 1349 miles and all 3 of the Honda modes takes over 2000 miles. I would highly recommend not upgrading to the latest version of the Honda Maps and save yourself $150.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Sadly that's true--the Honda updates are expensive, and you have to figure that whatever logic that prepares the routes inside the navigation unit are probably outdated and not upgradable.

I chose to install an aftermarket head unit that uses Android Auto, so I always have fresh maps with live traffic data via Google Maps. I would think if I had spent $150 every couple of years on new Honda maps, it would have paid for the new head unit. ?

·
Registered
2015 CRV Touring
60 Posts
I recently updated the Navigation software on my 08 CRV only to find that it had not inproved from the 8 year old maps that I had before. It doesn't seem to matter which routing mode you select, it takes you on a roundabout route. For example, I travel from central TX to MT which is 1300 miles. Google maps does the trip in 1349 miles and all 3 of the Honda modes takes over 2000 miles. I would highly recommend not upgrading to the latest version of the Honda Maps and save yourself $150.
SAD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts