Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wished they would spend a little warranty $$ on mine, and do some education and communication training down the line so it's not so frustrating going to the dealer about this cold engine, OD problems.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I’m not surprise. They worry more about the volume of car they’re pushing out than the quality. It’s not just cr-v, they have a lot of quality issues with their current and previous gen of accord and civic.
What quality issues with the previous gen Civic? I have 68k miles on my 2014 with the CVT and have only needed tires, oil + filter, and transmission fluid changes. No repairs whatsoever! Also, the previous gen Accord was pretty solid. Not many issues with them either.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What quality issues with the previous gen Civic? I have 68k miles on my 2014 with the CVT and have only needed tires, oil + filter, and transmission fluid changes. No repairs whatsoever! Also, the previous gen Accord was pretty solid. Not many issues with them either.
2009 Honda Accord i4: cold start issue at 29k due to faulty vtc actuator. Premature rear brake pad wear at 19k miles. Most of the miles are highway. Got rid of the car at 60k.

2010 Honda Civic: clearcoat flaked off from original paint at 40k. Fractured crack on engine block at 55k. Both Paint respray and engine was replaced cover under the tsb.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
2009 Honda Accord i4: cold start issue at 29k due to faulty vtc actuator. Premature rear brake pad wear at 19k miles. Most of the miles are highway. Got rid of the car at 60k.

2010 Honda Civic: clearcoat flaked off from original paint at 40k. Fractured crack on engine block at 55k. Both Paint respray and engine was replaced cover under the tsb.
You are talking about the 8th gen Accord and Civic. We are currently on the 10th gen of both. You made it sound like you were talking about the 9th gen Accord and Civic which haven't had many issues. I'm not saying Honda is perfect but they do have far less issues than most other manufacturers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts