Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Regarding the nitrogen pkg, be sure to ask the salesman if the dealership pulls a vacuum on the tires to remove the 80% nitrogen that is installed at the factory. LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am currently negotiating for a 2020 Honda Touring CRV FWD in the D/FW, Texas area. In the offer so far, the dealer has offered me a protection and value package. The only reason I know that these “packages” are included in the price of the car is because I took a picture of the quote, which they claimed they couldn’t give me. I inquired further and requested a line-by-line itemization of all that is included in each package and was told the following-

Protection Package - $799
- Splash guards -$305
- Wheel locks - $197
- Trunk tray - $297

Value Package - $598
- Nitrogen protection- $299
-Kahu - $299

Kahu is supposed to be some kind of GPS tracking system that they are promo as an easy way to find your car in a parking lot, etc. However, I have done some research and like most “add ons” is nothing but a profit maker for the dealership. I already know that I will be rejecting this.

Still trying to get clarification on the “nitrogen protection.”

I want the items in the protection package, but like most dealer add-on, the price of these seems overinflated.

Thoughts on any of this?
That Kahu is a bunch of baloney. I bought a new Acura RDX from a dealer in the DFW area and they tried to sell me that stuff. I asked them why I needed it, which they gave me some long drawn out explanation. My reply was that since the car already had Acura Watch, which includes remote vehicle tracking and disabling, why would I need the Kahu? I made them take all of this crap off the price of the vehicle, and when they balked, I threatened to walk. They didn't believe me, so I got up to leave - that got their attention.They didn't want to lose that sale! As far as the Nitrogen the tires goes, I have read both pro and con concerning this. My experience with it is that the tires do not lose pressure as readily as they do with standard compressed air. If you don't want it make them take it off the final price - if they refuse, get up and walk. There are a number of Honda dealers in the DFW area that would welcome your business!

·
Registered
12 Posts
ch

Check online at Honda Accessories & Maintenance Parts: Genuine OEM Honda Accessories and you will find the above splash guards and truck trays and other things at greatly reduced prices. Simply show this to your dealer and tell him this is what they are worth to you. If he won't match the price, tell him to keep the splash guard mats, etc. As for the nitrogen and other "Protection Package" items, just say "no!". I had the dealer remove a "GPS" that was supposed to help police find my CR-V quicker if it were ever stolen. Simply told him I didn't want it. Dealer put it on so dealer could take it off. Tinted windows, you can find local shops to put this on for half (or less) of Honda's price. Find out local prices first and then tell dealer that is all tinted windows is worth to you. Just tell them to take off all of this stuff or you won't buy the vehicle!! Be prepared to stand up and start walking out. Dealers don't like customers walking out. Many years ago, I had negotiated a price on a Pontiac (told you it was many years ago) and when I went to pick up the vehicle which was sitting right outside, the salesman started talking that they had missed something earlier and the price had to go up a few hundred dollars. I stood up and very loudly said that we had a deal. And then I started walking out of the dealership very loudly explaining to all the other customers that this dealership was trying to raise the price after a deal was made and that I was going down to a dealership down the road to buy the Buick version this car. Salesman disappeared and a "manager" quickly got me into a private office apologizing profusely that this was a mistake and naturally I was going to get the car for the agreed price. And this Pontiac turned out to be a very good vehicle for our family.
Your experience with the Pontiac dealer sounds like a former Pontiac dealer here in the DFW area (which is still in business selling a number of other car makes) which was notorious for these type of sales tactics. I really wonder how a dealer can stay in business when they pull this kind of stuff! :oops:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your experience with the Pontiac dealer sounds like a former Pontiac dealer here in the DFW area (which is still in business selling a number of other car makes) which was notorious for these type of sales tactics. I really wonder how a dealer can stay in business when they pull this kind of stuff! :oops:
Because there are idiots that will pay for the junk.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am currently negotiating for a 2020 Honda Touring CRV FWD in the D/FW, Texas area. In the offer so far, the dealer has offered me a protection and value package. The only reason I know that these “packages” are included in the price of the car is because I took a picture of the quote, which they claimed they couldn’t give me. I inquired further and requested a line-by-line itemization of all that is included in each package and was told the following-

- Splash guards -$305
- Wheel locks - $197
- Trunk tray - $297

Value Package - $598
-Kahu - $299

Kahu is supposed to be some kind of GPS tracking system that they are promo as an easy way to find your car in a parking lot, etc. However, I have done some research and like most “add ons” is nothing but a profit maker for the dealership. I already know that I will be rejecting this.

I want the items in the protection package, but like most dealer add-on, the price of these seems overinflated.

Thoughts on any of this?
The air you breathe every day is 70% Nitrogen

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
the air you breathe is closer to 80% nitrogen.

·
Registered
4 Posts

- Splash guards -$305
- Wheel locks - $197
- Trunk tray - $297

Value Package - $598
-Kahu - $299

Thoughts on any of this?
Buying all this overpriced stuff is a total waste of your money. Don't do it! I just bought a crv touring and listened politely to the finance guys attempt to sell the identical items (Greenville SC). I said NO to each. When he started a second attempt I stood up. He got the message and we signed the docs. The other thing you NEVER pay for is the document or dealers fee. This will run $200 to 1,000. Many states cap this at $50 to $75. They will state "everyone pays this". They will reduce the sale amount of the fee if you refuse to pay. You need to do a much better job of negotiating! JUST SAY NO! Good luck

21 - 27 of 27 Posts