Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
When I got the update, I notice in the area I am in driving on hills and inclines is better. The V doesn't struggle, gas millage seems to be the same has not drop. Oh! I don't get that hesitation when coming to a California stop and taking off anymore.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got the update...it's amazing how dealers always push extra work extra hard during recall work. They were trying to push a four wheel alignment and tire rotation, and I said "well don't you remember we rotated the tires and discussed the wear less than 1000 miles ago and decided an alignment wasn't needed?"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lizzurd and others,

I am going to the dealer tomorrow and appreciate a quick reply. I understand that for the following 2 cases not all 2010 CRVs have to be fixed. Using the vin is there a way to check if your vehicle needs to be fixed?
11-049 - My dealer has never told me that even after 2 years!
Auto transmission control module software recall - I checked the website in the prev post and it says no recalls

Thank you!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't know if there is any way of telling if they actually do the repair or not when you take it in but because my car was imported from USA I was able to get that transmission recall done at a Honda dealer in Canada a couple years ago but when my air conditioner packed in this past summer Honda said they would fix it under extended warranty because there had been a LOT of bad ones being reported but only by going to a USA dealer. While I was there they did the transmission one as well without me even mentioning it to them. They said the computer and their test equipment showed that it had never been done yet .
So I can only guess the Canadian dealer sent a repair invoice to Honda without ever lifting the hood and led me to believe they had repaired it. I drove 240 km in Canada to get that transmission recall looked after only to find out later that it had never been done. Maybe the dealer figured if they didn't do it the transmission would fail sooner and I would be back for a new transmission all at my cost and to their profit. .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes that is possible. But my question is - do only certain VIN#s have these 2 issues? My dealer has not even mentioned anything about these issues.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes that is possible. But my question is - do only certain VIN#s have these 2 issues? My dealer has not even mentioned anything about these issues.
I don't know but a good place to start would be to ask your dealer and if he doesn't know ask him to find out from Honda.

If he cannot do either one or both it's time to find a different dealer.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Don't know if there is any way of telling if they actually do the repair or not when you take it in but because my car was imported from USA I was able to get that transmission recall done at a Honda dealer in Canada a couple years ago but when my air conditioner packed in this past summer Honda said they would fix it under extended warranty because there had been a LOT of bad ones being reported but only by going to a USA dealer. While I was there they did the transmission one as well without me even mentioning it to them. They said the computer and their test equipment showed that it had never been done yet .
So I can only guess the Canadian dealer sent a repair invoice to Honda without ever lifting the hood and led me to believe they had repaired it. I drove 240 km in Canada to get that transmission recall looked after only to find out later that it had never been done. Maybe the dealer figured if they didn't do it the transmission would fail sooner and I would be back for a new transmission all at my cost and to their profit. .
I would suspect that the Canadian Honda dealer did less than you are giving them credit for. If they submitted an invoice to Honda for reimbursement for a Warranty Repair, it would have been documented with Honda with the VIN, date and mileage of the vehicle in question. Later dealer inquiries into Honda's data base would show the warranty work had been addressed, making it very likely no further action would be needed for the recall.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts