Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Fortunately it seems they identified the issue before it became a major problem:

The new CR-V recall covers 515 vehicles, only 30 of which had been sold. All remaining unsold vehicles are subject to a stop-sale order until repairs are complete, Honda said. There have been no warranty claims, crashes or injuries reported, it said.
Still, you'd think that Takata firm would be going through everything with a fine-toothed comb...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm almost certain the 2016s still use Takata inflators, but I can't cite a source right off hand. What I'd like to know is whether or not they contain a desiccant. If they are non-desiccated Takata inflators, they'll eventually be recalled on December 31, 2018.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm almost certain the 2016s still use Takata inflators, but I can't cite a source right off hand. What I'd like to know is whether or not they contain a desiccant. If they are non-desiccated Takata inflators, they'll eventually be recalled on December 31, 2018.
Yes, they do and there were 500+ 2016 CR-V already recalled for the driver's airbag.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes, they do and there were 500+ 2016 CR-V already recalled for the driver's airbag.
I was aware of the very limited recall on the early 2016s.

Are you saying "yes, they do" use Takata inflators or "yes, they do" use desiccated [Takata] inflators that likely will not be recalled?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts