Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda is trying hard to promote its new 2010 Accord Crosstour… too hard. The Japanese automaker decided to introduce the world to its new Accord-based crossover via Facebook, where through a free and democratic process people decided it was ugly. And because it is Facebook, people didn't hold back on their comments.

Then what became a bad situation got much worse after Honda deleted several posts, one of which was even a positive comment. That comment, however, came from a Honda product planner who did not identify himself as such, and in doing so went against company policy.

Honda then admitted that the initial photos they released were not all that good and said that they didn't show the car favorably. Which makes one wonder why they chose the photos in the first place.

Now Honda has released four new photos of the 2010 Accord Crosstour, in different locations, and in red, to hopefully change people's minds. It does look slightly better proportioned to us and we have to admit that there are many vehicles that look much better in person than on paper. Then again, Honda's and Acura's design teams haven't exactly been on a roll as of late.

More: Report: Honda Releases New Images of 2010 Accord Crosstour on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
371 Posts
Honda should know by now how to market new vehicles...........I think this one will be a like by some and hate by all of the others.......nothing in between model.........until I see one in the flesh I'm still on the fence.

·
Registered
352 Posts
the problem was the angle on the first few pics. but still, it's not a pretty car.

maybe it'll grow on me, but i dunno. the current Accord? loved it the moment i saw it. this one, dislike quite a bit. what for i need immensity of grille? is this big honking V-10 needing airflow? no, is 4- or 6-cyl! big grille means more places for stones to get in and crack radiator! and of course, it's totally ugly!

i mean, who saw this thing and though "yeeeesss, this is EXACTLY what i want to release to the public to best represent my ability to lead the design process ... ?"

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ummm... So they decided to shape it like the Toyota Venza, with the front hinting a mix of the Venza and the new upcoming BMW 5 series Gran Tourismo... With the back (just from this picture) resembling the back of the 5 series Gran Tourismo also, with a hint of the Venza also...

I've always thought the new Accord looks VERY SIMILAR to the current BMW E60 5 series

·
Registered
371 Posts
Whatever you compare it with I rekon it looks cool.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
IMO, I think this car is way nicer than the Accord. The 2 door looks nice but the 4 door looks terrible from the back. This car looks sharp out on the road, looks better outside than inside the plant. And the inside is very luxurious for a Honda.

The photos Trevor posted are with alot of accessories which adds more uniqueness to the CrossTour.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hideous. The rear end is a complete afterthought. Cars like this and the Venza cater to an extremely small segment of the car buying populous. I bet they don't last.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tastes are different

I've owned 5 accords so far in my life starting from 86 until 2001 model. I enjoyed every one of them but every year they've grown bigger and bigger in size. New one may look nice on the picture but I would never buy it because it's so huge. Large size makes it very difficult to park in the city. I bet it would be tight even for my garage. Who needs monster vehicles nowadays?

I like new CR-V because it's so compact yet has enough room for everything I need.

·
Registered
371 Posts
First Sighting

I saw Two CrossTours yesterday on the road in Los Angeles........first time I've ever seen them driving.........one black and one white.....both looked good from the back and side views but I'm still not very sure I like the front..........in my opinion it still looks bigger than it needs to be :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
They look worse in person than the pictures--very big and awkward looking--the Venza has much better proportions, especially the back. Honda dealers all have them now--look for yourself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll take the Venza over the Crosstour. I saw it at the auto show and it does look uglier, however the interior is exceptional. It was very comfortable.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The Venza also gets bad reviews. Both cars are ugly and pointless. If you want a car that is the ultimate in utility and gas consumption, you still can't top a minivan. That has been known for years, but people just can't bring themselves to buy one so you have carmakers churning out crap like this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts