Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove from Portland to Tacoma yesterday and it rained all the way up. LKAS, RDM, etc, warnings came on the instrument panel. I didn't make an attempt to stop the car and my question is will the warnings being on continiously do any harm to the system? Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! Thanks sirwired for all the help you've provided in this forum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live in the Portland area and with all the rain we've had the last couple months, I get the Honda Sense warnings at least once a week. I called and asked the dealer if there were any TSBs to fix this as I've had 3 prior vehicles with adaptive cruise radar units that never had issues in the rain. Those vehicles had the smooth, hard plastic covers instead of the textured, flimsy cover Honda uses. They told me to bring it in next weekend and they'll take a look. I don't expect them to find anything wrong, but maybe if they get enough complaints someone will come up with a solution. I really like the Honda Sense package and use the features regularly. Still loving my CR-V though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree - for me, the sensing package has turned off twice in adverse conditions - once in heavy rain, and once in fog but with lots of spray being kicked up by other cars.(a little Portland-like, but we don't get it as often here in Northern Calif.) A little disappointing, but it does require multiple sensors to all work together. However, we did have a 2015 that had the ACC disable itself at odd times, and a software update fixed it. Maybe there's some software tweaking that will help this - or maybe new covers in our future!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts