Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here a Honda service technician, service manager, service advisor, etc?

It would be great to get a first hand account of all of our problems.

My question to you would be:

Can you give us any insight into Honda Corporate's response or guidance on the oil dilution issue?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Such folks may listen incognito but you won't get a response here. Honda and every other manufacturer have strict rules about employees interacting in forums like this. I don't know about Honda but in some companies it's grounds for immediate termination. The only contact with the public is through authorized company channels.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
From Consumer Reports

CRV Engine Oil Dilution in KS
I am a long-time Honda technician (I’ve been servicing Honda vehicles for over 30 years) and an owner of a 2018 CRV. I don’t live in any of the states with which Honda assertively associates the problem of engine dilution. I live in Kansas and have owned this vehicle for about a year now. In every instance where I changed the engine oil (4 to date), I’ve experienced engine overfill. Moreover, the problem persisted through all four seasons: fall, winter, spring and summer. I am convinced Honda has a faulty design but is refusing to admit it, claiming those of us having problems with engine overfill are experiencing isolated problems and not similar or related problems.
Benson, KS

See Page 3:
https://www.consumerreports.org/sto...h_X8BjknQV5O8oyCeMCjCD24aigG_r1q3VU5f-vYrHURo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts