Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you mean the tent that attaches to your car? I think it would be terribly inconvenient to have a tent attached to my car. I would have to take the tent down to drive anywhere. Frankly, I'd rather have a tent that is separate from the car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The tent can be easily unattached and stand alone ... when the car is there or not. It is a convenience option, not a requirement, to attach it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm going camping in a couple months and need to buy a tent, I'm really debating if I should invest into this Honda tent. It looks kind of cool but also seems like a gimmick/cash-grab. Decisions, decisions!!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm going camping in a couple months and need to buy a tent, I'm really debating if I should invest into this Honda tent. It looks kind of cool but also seems like a gimmick/cash-grab. Decisions, decisions!!!
It's a cool idea, but your going to pay 10 fold for nothing!

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I don't see the point of a tent hanging off the ass end of the car. If you want a half decent cheap tent, go to wallyworld. If you want a good one, go to REI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I, too, have been investigating the Honda tent, but I am seeing mixed reviews. One problem I see is that it is heavy and somewhat difficult to put up. I need something that I can put on by myself and not spend hours doing it. The second complaint is that water leaks through the zippers, soaking the inside of the tent when it rains. That seems like a HUGE problem to me. Hopefully, the Honda folks have fixed this. Anyone out there found a good alternative for camping with a CRV? I have a 2006 with wheel on the back and that seems to severely limit my choices.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
My advice on tents (and I've done a fair bit of motorcycle camping) is to get a tent with two aluminum poles, freestanding, and buy a tent that has a capacity of one person greater than you need. Camping solo? Get a two person tent. And so on. The Honda tent is a gimmick. No serious camper would consider it. If you want to sleep in the car, do so, you don't need a tent.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Anyone foolish enough to pay 10 fold more for a Honda tent, should have their head examined!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So did anyone ever buy this? Female camping alone (with my doggie). I was thinking this would be a great security option as I could sleep in the back cargo area. I'm looking at the price of the Honda tent thinking, NO, but I have seen other brands that attach to the suv that are cheaper and the tents were larger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now that I've seen it, yuck! Please do yourself a favor and purchase a good, stand alone tent. There are many different styles and sizes available. Check REI.com for examples. You have a terrific vehicle. Don't embarrass it like that.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Now that I've seen it, yuck! Please do yourself a favor and purchase a good, stand alone tent. There are many different styles and sizes available. Check REI.com for examples. You have a terrific vehicle. Don't embarrass it like that.
This is the time of year to buy a tent in the U.S. -- lots of closeouts for short money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We picked up a nice eureka tent for cheap on Craigslist last year. It's nice to have more room (just got my crv and haven't camped with it yet) compared to my old vw golf, but I think the utility will be the extra room, you can leave things in there that might get stolen. While being ready to run for firewood or other things you might forget without having to unhook from the tent. I view the vehicle as more of a shed/locker than a camper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kids might find it cool, they could hang out in the car as well as the tent maybe if it rained. Do you have to buy the entire tent, or is there a separate vestibule that zippers to any tent opening?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone ever used a tent that attaches to the back end of a car to camp with cats. I'm relocating across the country with my 4 cats. While I stop, letting my cats stretch their legs in an attached tent seems like a great idea. So I wonder if the cats could get out of the tent once it's set up and I let them out of their kennels after a long day driving.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts