Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

According to a new survey by Consumer Reports, Honda has surpassed Toyota to become the number one brand for customer loyalty in the U.S. According to the new report performed in April, 68 percent of current Honda owners said they would "most likely" buy another Honda – up one percentage point. Toyota slipped to third place dropping 13 percentage points from 70 percent to just 57 percent. This allowed Ford to sneak into the second place spot, gaining three points for a total of 61 percent.

As for the other giants of the U.S. auto market, General Motors dropped to 49 percent (down from 57 percent), while Dodge posted continued losses in customer loyalty from 32 percent down to just 24 percent.

Toyota's loss suggests the automaker may have to extend the significant incentives it has been offering in order to sustain sales.

Consumer Reports says the results of the survey are based off of 1,704 U.S. vehicle owners and compared to the last such survey in December of last year.

More: Honda Tops Toyota in Customer Loyalty on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
687 Posts
The long term impact of customer loyalty can be felt for decades. It took 30 years in the industry to build that reputation. It's amazing that a single poorly handled incident can have such an impact.

With so many great products to choose from now, customer loyalty is pretty thin. Ford continues to impress.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not sure about this. I first time bought Honda CR-V in 2008 EXL with Navi.

1. CRV has not a good mileage as I have in my old Toyota
2. Honda dealer do not behave very rude & never try to solve problem - but always finds excuses...!
3. CR-V's pick up of speed is also very less - can not be comparable even with Toyota...!

I took wrong decision to buy CR-V...! I would say first and probably last mistake in buying a car...!

·
Registered
167 Posts
You must be part of the 32 percent that would not buy a Honda again.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why did join forums of things they dislike? :confused:

I say congrats Honda....I have brought 8+ hondas in the last 7 odd years and I havent had any reason not to buy another;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Friends, I joined thinking that people on the forum are not Honda agents - but real customers...so, somebody having same problems as mine and if they have worked out some workaround...!

Another thing, if Honda's Customer Service do not improve then it will be vice-versa ... 32 % will be loyal to Honda...(who do not want to buy new car in near future)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, Dragonfly.

I purchased and tried at Schaumburg Honda in Schaumburg, IL. At my work one of my friend - he also bought CR-V at same time as me. And he goes to Naperville, IL. We both faced lots of problems with dealership services. And my friend - same CR-V EXL with Navi - his transmission was dead...! It was brand new not even 1 year...! And the dealer kept giving false promises..after a 15 days long fight, the dealer replaced the transmission from another CR-V they had in the showroom...!

Sure we will try at somewhere third Honda dealer near Chicago...! Thanks for your advise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A week ago I bought my third consecutive CRV. Prior to purchasing my first, a Gen 1 back in 2004, I had never bought the same make and model car twice in a row. This time around I decided I like the CRV enough to buy new and hold on to it for a long time, I have spent far less on repairs on the previous two than I have on any one model of just about everything else I owned previously.

That said, I definitely have brand loyalty to Honda, not so much to any particular dealership. While I bought the '10 from the same dealer that my 05 came from, it was mostly in hopes of getting a better deal for being a repeat customer than anything else. As soon as I decided what accessories I wanted, I wound up ordering from another local dealer that advertises the same parts online at discount prices. Why? Mainly because the dealer I bought from was quoting me list price on everything I wanted and trying at the same time to sell installation as well for a premium price.

You would think after dropping the kind of $ it takes to purchase a new vehicle they would at least cut a repeat customer a bit of a discount on accessories. Not the case, so I take my business to where I get the most bang for the buck. Next time I'm in the market for another vehicle it will likely be another Honda, and most certainly from a different dealership.

To me the bottom line is this, don't judge the manufacturer by experience with one particular dealer. The manufacturer for the most part doesn't dictate how the dealer runs the business, if you don't like the service, go elsewhere if you like the manufacturer.

·
Registered
431 Posts

2. Honda dealer do not behave very rude & never try to solve problem - but always finds excuses...!
3. CR-V's pick up of speed is also very less - can not be comparable even with Toyota...!

I took wrong decision to buy CR-V...! I would say first and probably last mistake in buying a car...!
1 - What Toyota did you own? The CR-V is a heavy vehicle and that 4 banger has to work pretty hard sometimes to move all that mass out of its own way. Listed EPA mileage is 20/26 for a 2008 EXL with Navi and I know that to be accurate. Why are you complaining about something you should have known before even looking at the car?

2- Try another dealer I've dealt with morons at some dealers and people who would go out of their way to make sure you were happy and well taken care of at another. You are not locked into having to take your vehicle to the place you bought it. If you really feel like you are being treated rudely and unfairly then write directly to Honda of America giving names, dates and what work you had done to the car. Take your business elsewhere.

3- You did test drive the car before you bought it right? If power was that big a problem why on earth did you buy the car? You should have looked at Ford or Toyota which have the optional V6s.

Seems like your biggest mistake was not doing the correct research beforehand and doing a thorough test drive.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well congrats to Honda. I have a 2006 HCH2 and a 2006 CR-V with M/T and this thing hauls. I am very happy with the power of the 4 banger. :DH

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - What Toyota did you own? The CR-V is a heavy vehicle and that 4 banger has to work pretty hard sometimes to move all that mass out of its own way. Listed EPA mileage is 20/26 for a 2008 EXL with Navi and I know that to be accurate. Why are you complaining about something you should have known before even looking at the car?

2- Try another dealer I've dealt with morons at some dealers and people who would go out of their way to make sure you were happy and well taken care of at another. You are not locked into having to take your vehicle to the place you bought it. If you really feel like you are being treated rudely and unfairly then write directly to Honda of America giving names, dates and what work you had done to the car. Take your business elsewhere.

3- You did test drive the car before you bought it right? If power was that big a problem why on earth did you buy the car? You should have looked at Ford or Toyota which have the optional V6s.

Seems like your biggest mistake was not doing the correct research beforehand and doing a thorough test drive.
=> Not doing test drive before purchasing was my mistake...! But this do not authorise Honda Service dept to behave as they want. I am anyway searching another Honda Service centre in the area.

Not buying Toyota Rav 4 - with V6 (instead of Honda CRV) - only reason was Rav was not having Navigation in 2008 - and I wanted to buy a car with Navigation...!

Before purchasing Honda, I frankly asked the sale person about service...and she said,"You will get as good service as you are getting from Toyota".

- At Schaumburg Toyota - you never take any appointment - at Honda 3 times I went back as they do not have appointment to provide service
- At Schaumburg Toyota if it takes more then 1 hr then they give rental car right away. And if I require drop off no questions asked ... just drop me whereever I want to go in the town. At honda - eventhough they have my residence address they confirm five times that my residence should be in 5 mile residence then only they can drop me home...!
- At Schaumburg, Toyota, when they can not observe/locate the problem in their computer and machines, they come with me for test drive and fix my problem even after my car warranty was expired. At honda they look at the computers and just sya,"Your car do not have such problem..."

Is 2008 May Honda CRV heavier then 2008 Jan Honda CRV? My friend bought in Jan 2008 - I drove his car many times. And his car does not have pick up issue what my car has...And Schaumburg Honda service department computers do not show anything...!

Anyway, I would like to stop the discussion here...bottom line is if any of you in Northwest or West Chicago area and know any good Honda Service Centre please let me know...I am a customer, whether people will buy Honda or do not buy Honda does not make any difference to me. I just want to get my vehicle serve me best...Thanks for your advise (questions)!

·
Registered
431 Posts
It sounds like that Honda dealer is terrible yes, but again, that does not make them all like that. The one I go to does the rental car thing too as well as always having free food and donuts in the waiting area. As for making an appointment, these places get busy and if you expect them to just see you with no appointment any time you go there you need to think again. It takes literally 2 minutes to make an appointment over the phone...

I still can't believe that you actually bought a car without test driving it though... I seriously cannot wrap my mind around that... As for the Rav4 not having navigation, if that was your only reason and you liked everything about the Rav4 better then why on earth did you not get the Rav4 and then just buy a really nice aftermarket navigation unit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It sounds like that Honda dealer is terrible yes, but again, that does not make them all like that. The one I go to does the rental car thing too as well as always having free food and donuts in the waiting area. As for making an appointment, these places get busy and if you expect them to just see you with no appointment any time you go there you need to think again. It takes literally 2 minutes to make an appointment over the phone...

I still can't believe that you actually bought a car without test driving it though... I seriously cannot wrap my mind around that... As for the Rav4 not having navigation, if that was your only reason and you liked everything about the Rav4 better then why on earth did you not get the Rav4 and then just buy a really nice aftermarket navigation unit?
=====
Since, you have lots of questions, let me answer your questions:-

1. I had driven my friends CR-V before buying mine.
2. My wife had test drive on one of the CRV - The dealer was not having Silver Color EX-L on that day.
3. The day I bought it was very rainy and thunder storms ... So, we were in the dealership - The after market GPS in my Toyota takes so much time to find out a place ... I tried with 2-3 different GPS...The sales person also assured quality of Honda GPS ... So, I just talked on price & purchased the vehicle.

If I have answered your questions, and if you know some better service agent in Northwest & Western Chicago suburbs then let me know.

Also my Honda CR-V EXL do not have Navi with Bluetooth...! I never realized the need earlier. But now with increasing Chicago traffic & sometimes in storms I think it will be better to have navi with bluetooth...Do you know can I get a compatible navi with bluetooth from honda? So far I am ok with Honda's navigation compare to after market one...!

·
Registered
431 Posts
=====
Since, you have lots of questions, let me answer your questions:-

1. I had driven my friends CR-V before buying mine.
2. My wife had test drive on one of the CRV - The dealer was not having Silver Color EX-L on that day.
3. The day I bought it was very rainy and thunder storms ... So, we were in the dealership - The after market GPS in my Toyota takes so much time to find out a place ... I tried with 2-3 different GPS...The sales person also assured quality of Honda GPS ... So, I just talked on price & purchased the vehicle.

If I have answered your questions, and if you know some better service agent in Northwest & Western Chicago suburbs then let me know.

Also my Honda CR-V EXL do not have Navi with Bluetooth...! I never realized the need earlier. But now with increasing Chicago traffic & sometimes in storms I think it will be better to have navi with bluetooth...Do you know can I get a compatible navi with bluetooth from honda? So far I am ok with Honda's navigation compare to after market one...!

The Google, she knows much

Also, there are TON of aftermarket Navis with bluetooth, DVD, all the bells and whistles if you do some research. Crutchfield is a good start along with the myriad audio forums all over the web. I hope you don't think I am trying to be an ass or anything, I'm just a bit puzzled as to how your experience could be so different as well as getting a CR-V that is drastically underpowered compared to your bud's or the one you test drove. Still, you should ALWAYS test drive the exact vehcile you are driving before you ever sign for it. If its rainy then wait a few days till it isn't, if the dealer is pressing you then tell them to back off or you'll walk away, they'll back off.

Try one of those other dealers in the link maybe? The one has 4 stars and 65 reviews. Talk to some other ppl at your work or friends from wherever who have Hondas and see where they go to for service. Someone has to have a line on a good dealer or independent shop (be REALLY wary of independent shops though). As for your EX-L being underpowered, it seriously just might be a mental thing for you. You could always take your buddy's CR-V out for a quick spin and time how long it takes you to accelerate from point A to point B (not racing, just a good hard acceleration up to like a 45-50mph speed limit) and then try it with yours. You may be surprised.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I guess your in luck now, the new 2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport and Limited have this available:

Touch-screen navigation system [4] with AM/FM/CD player, XM Satellite Radio capability [5] with NavTraffic® capability [4] (requires XM receiver and XM subscription), MP3/WMA playback capability and six speakers

Source: Toyota's Website

Time to trade-in your Honda, I am sure someone else will enjoy it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ford>Toyota as well. I bet Hyundai passes them soon too. Years of bland, uninteresting cars with mediocre performance and not even a hint of bringing back something like the Supra... All Toyota had going was their impeccable (or the perception of it) safety and reliability. Now that is shot in the ass and nobody wants a Toyota. I don't know anyone besides old people who say "My next car is a Toyota!". They've basically become the import version of Buick lol. Honda still has the reliability and actually has some halfway decent performance vehicles. Ford... yeah the Mustang just won yet another round in the Pony War with a drop kick square to GM's jaw and their reliability has been pretty great recently too. Got to admit the Fusion with the top end motor is a pretty nice daily driver and the 360+HP twin turbo freaking Taurus SHO... Yeah its funny see a Taurus walk away from $100,000+ Audis and BMWs on the highway.

/rant

1 - 18 of 18 Posts