Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, installed the HondaLink apps and got the USB/HDMI cable. When I click on Connect on the main menu I accept the request on my phone and it goes to a blue screen showing an iPhone connected to Honda. On the 7" display it says HondaLink Connect Next Generation with stars in the background and a spinny thing near the bottom. I let it go for 20+ mins and the Connect menu never came up. Connect app on the phone is logged in. If I use the "right arrows" from the main menu to see the apps same thing happens if I click on Connect. However, Aha and Nav apps work fine. I just can't get the Connect menu to come up, just spins. Any ideas? Will call support tomorrow but that's 24 hrs away... :)

Thanks,
OB

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi folks, installed the HondaLink apps and got the USB/HDMI cable. When I click on Connect on the main menu I accept the request on my phone and it goes to a blue screen showing an iPhone connected to Honda. On the 7" display it says HondaLink Connect Next Generation with stars in the background and a spinny thing near the bottom. I let it go for 20+ mins and the Connect menu never came up. Connect app on the phone is logged in. If I use the "right arrows" from the main menu to see the apps same thing happens if I click on Connect. However, Aha and Nav apps work fine. I just can't get the Connect menu to come up, just spins. Any ideas? Will call support tomorrow but that's 24 hrs away... :)

Thanks,
OB
Have you already done the registration on your phone? I assume yes, because you said it's logged in. You need to go through a setup process and enter your VIN and set up ah Honda ID. Also the phone may prompt you to authorize the opening of the HondaLink app (which you have to approve on the screen of your phone).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the app works fine on the phone when not connected; I am logged into my account and the car is there with the VIN. I do get the message on the phone to accept the connection. All works except when I click on the Connect icon on the main menu, or on the right pointing arrows to the apps sub-menu. Then the screen with the spinny thing comes up and the menu never comes up. I will call support later today and see what they can do for me.

OB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts