Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Looking for some help with troubleshooting an issue I am having getting the HondaLink Connect app to come up. Here is my setup:

2015 CR-V EX AWD
iPhone 6 64GB
IOS 8.4.1
Apps:
HondaLink 2.1 (I assume this is Connect)
HondaLink Aha 3.1.1
HondaLink App Launcher 1.4
HondaLink Navigation NA 2.0.0

What is happening:
I have my iPhone linked to the V's Bluetooth with no problems. Also have the IOS HDMI/USB Adapter Cable ordered direct from Hondanavi.com connected to both HDMI and USB. From the main menu, when I clock on the right-facing arrows I get the message coming up on my phone that I click accept on. I then get the app launcher screen and see Aha, iHeartRadio, the Navigation app and Connect icons. The other three apps work totally as expected. However when I select "Connect", the HondaLink app comes up on my phone for a moment and I see a picture of my car (I'm logged into my Honda account and my VIN was automatically downloaded into the app). Then the phone screen changes to a blue screen showing an icon of a phone connected the Honda logo with some dots. Text at the bottom says this lock screen is displayed when the phone is connected via Bluetooth and in the car or something similar. On the 7" screen, a "HondaLink Next Generation" screen comes up, with a background of stars and the rings of Saturn or some other planet. Near the bottom of the screen is a black circle with white "yin/yang" arrows spinning in a circle. That's as far as I get. I let it run for 1/2 an hour driving around and nothing ever comes up. I never get to the different looking Connect menu I've seen in YouTube videos.

As far as I know the above are the latest versions of everything. I called Honda in-car technology tech support and they were not able to give me any help. They suggested re-starting the phone which I did, then suggested doing a different type of reset by holding the home and power buttons together until it rebooted, still nothing. Have tried un-installing, deleting, then re-downloading and re-installing the HondaLink app to no avail. Tech support said I should see if I can get anothe5r iPhone 6 (which I don't have) and install the apps on their phone and see if it works in my car. Short of that, take it to the dealer. Not sure how they can help but I'm going there next week to have molding put on, so I'll ask the service tech. Since I don't have another iPhone handy, I am reaching out to see if anyone has the same exact setup as me, and has everything working with no problems (or similar problems). Any takers?

Thanks,
OB

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's the number I called but they were not able to replicate the issue. Their final advice was to find another iPhone 6 and try the same thing on the other phone. I don't have access to another one though. Their final advice was if that didn't work to go to the dealer for service support.

OB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts