Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2007 EX-L Front Wheel Drive with Navigation.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There CR-V Neighbors,

I am going to purchase both an air and cabin filter to change out the old ones. My question is: Is it best to buy Honda's filters or is there a brand just as good but perhaps not as costly? The quote over the phone from Honda is $35.15 for the air filter and $28.84 for the cabin filter. I called a local O'Reillys and their Microguard air filter is $17.99 and their cabin filter is $21.99. There is a $24.00 difference between the two brands. Has anyone used Microguard? Are there any other brands to search out?

Thank you for all replies!

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
I buy the oem honda engine filters and the fram fresh breeze cabin ones off prime.

cabin filter preference is a very sensitive subject here of the cheap vs the old school thinking (who will bring up their 1950 whatever didnt have a cabin filter) vs the oem only guys

Registered
NAPA Gold (Wix) for both engine and cabin air filters. They are OE+... the specifications not only meet, but exceed Honda OEM.

Reactions: Epona

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your replies. I ended up buying both the cabin and engine filter from NAPA. I got the cabin filter on sale for $8.38 and the engine filter for $17.99. I got the idea from agentI074. And I changed them out myself by watching YouTube. Really simple. That also saved me some money.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NAPA Gold (Wix) for both engine and cabin air filters. They are OE+... the specifications not only meet, but exceed Honda OEM.
I called NAPA and got the sale price for the cabin filter (Gold). Also got the air filter and installed them myself. Apparently the Gold is a good brand of quality. With NAPA around the corner, it was a win win situation.
Thank you for this comment.

Registered
If a person thinks the Honda engine and cabin air filters are the best, they have not done much research and just probably if it's a Honda part, it MUST be the best. hahahahahaha
Buffalo4
PS: Some parts are the best if they are OEM, but not those two filters and esp the Honda OEM oil filter, which is subpar compared to most quality aftermarket oil filters.
Buffalo4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts