Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Find it interesting the iphone 5 is NOT compatible with 2012/13 CRV's but is compatible with 2013 Accords.

Honda's reason: "Due to the phone software, incoming calls will not be received at random occurrences on the Hands-Free system. We have communicated these issues to the device manufacturer. Please check back for updates."

Honda, if you are listening, if you can get it to work on the Accord why not the CRV?

Frustrated and ready to get a different car, it's the little things that can push you over the edge. The bluetooth hands free link hasn't worked reliably since day one.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Find it interesting the iphone 5 is NOT compatible with 2012/13 CRV's but is compatible with 2013 Accords.

Honda's reason: "Due to the phone software, incoming calls will not be received at random occurrences on the Hands-Free system. We have communicated these issues to the device manufacturer. Please check back for updates."

Honda, if you are listening, if you can get it to work on the Accord why not the CRV?

Frustrated and ready to get a different car, it's the little things that can push you over the edge. The bluetooth hands free link hasn't worked reliably since day one.
The accord uses a totally different system than the CR-V right!? The 2013 Civic uses the Very same system as the 12-13 CR-V so plenty of people are going to be pissed off for that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So I emailed Honda, this was their response citing software issues with the iPhone not Honda hardware. Now, how can iOS6 be that much different on the 5 vs any older generation iPhone?

"Thank you for contacting us in regards to your HandsFreeLink system.

The HandsFreeLink system in the 2013 Accord is very different than the system in the 2012/2013 CR-V. While the features are similar, the hardware of the systems are different, and the software of the iPhone 5 is just not compatible with the CR-V. There are no updates for the CR-V that will resolve this issue. The change needs to be made to the phone and would come from Apple. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 888-528-7876. We are available Mon-Fri from 7:00am-8:00pm CT."

·
Registered
704 Posts
Honestly, I think this is ar least partially BS :) I tried this setting, exactly as described, verified twice... what happened to me was it worked the FIRST time I tested an incoming call, but then never again.

I am able to receive calls on my iPhone 5 in my 2012 crv by changing a setting on the phone. Go to hondasuv.com to see a thread about it.

Go to settings, general, accessibility, physical & motor, incoming calls. Select headset.

·
Registered
1 Posts
cannot pair my I phone 5 to my 2013 crv. unsuccessful trying to "pair" phone with Bluetooth in car. Doesn't help with manual telling me to hit TEL button on radio console but the telephone button (TEL) is in fact the button for adjusting the treble/bass on the radio?????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts