Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
The review was a good one that he tried to make so-so because of a couple of things.
The CR-V will sell but will it not like in the past?
Good competition is out there now..
I'm not a big fan of the CR-V.It's ok but my wife absolutely loves it.
This is why it will always be a good seller.The female gender loves it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the CR-V.It's ok but my wife absolutely loves it.
Exactly why our next vehicle will probably be the CR-V: cause my wife wants it. Maybe I can get her to consider the 2013 Ford Escape, cause I like the looks of that better.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I personally put very little value into reviews--be it cars, movies, as for the most part its just personal preferences. Plus you never truly know who is lining the pockets of the person doing the review. I really like our 2011 CRV--and I'm a guy,lol I would love the Acura SUV a lot better though,lol I personally don't like the looks of the 2012! Almost looks more mini-vanish. But if it drove nice, I would prob consider it if I was in the market for a new vehicle, which I'm not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know why everyone hates on it...
I think the front end looks 10x better than the older models..
Sure the back end/quarter panel will probably take a little getting used too.. but its alright.

My 50yr old mom is planning on upgrading her oo' sienna minivan with this and its a great update if you ask me. It has a 5spd but the gas mileage can still compete with the 6spd cuvs
If you want power and a 6spd get a real sport car right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did back to back test drives today of the
-2012 EXL
-2011 EXL
-2012 Kia Sportage Limited
-2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
-2012 Subaru Forester

The 2012 CRV was on top for me and for my wife it was a tie between the 2012 CRV and 2012 Subaru Forester.

The most interesting comparison was our back to back test drive of the 2012 and 2011 CRV the 2012 CRV is much better in ride comfort interior quality and more—I think HONDA definitely hit the mark on the new model.

·
Registered
633 Posts
-2012 EXL
-2011 EXL
-2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
-2012 Subaru Forester

The 2012 CRV was on top for me and for my wife it was a tie between the 2012 CRV and 2012 Subaru Forester.

The most interesting comparison was our back to back test drive of the 2012 and 2011 CRV the 2012 CRV is much better in ride comfort interior quality and more—I think HONDA definitely hit the mark on the new model.
I would recommend u drive the Hyundia Tucson, we really enjoyed it. Prob should have went with it as Hyundia has more of a presence here in Nicaragua,lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
We were interested in the Tucson but the Cargo space was a deal breaker---so much we didn't even test drive it. This is also why the Kia Sportage did not rank near first or second for me today----not enough cargo room.

·
Registered
8 Posts
-2012 EXL
-2011 EXL
-2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
-2012 Subaru Forester

My daughter had the Forester and what a huge disappointment. The thing stayed in the shop more than on the road. She finally gave up and traded it for a Tacoma.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My daughter had the Forester and what a huge disappointment. The thing stayed in the shop more than on the road. She finally gave up and traded it for a Tacoma.
Hmm must of been a lemon as they are known for their relaiblity. I have a 2009 WRX STI as my toy car and its been amazing not one problem at all and that is 350HP AWD (not stock ;)) of reliability. Mind you my mileage is only at 19,000 kms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently did a few test drives and discovered the Kia Sportage is rough riding, and the engine hood humped making it hard to see the front.It was not any quieter and the dealership was a joke- really sub par and the salesman knew nothing about the vehicle. I did drive the Sedona Kia van and it was just the opposite, comfy, quite and peppy- just think they are going to drop it. Drove the Mazda CX-9, bland and not as peppy as I had read and the center front console is huge unnecessary, rear visibility poor and not as quite as I had hoped. Just for the heck I test drove the new Prius V, awful seats and rubber band engine. Drove the 2012 CRV EX-L. Fabulous, quiet and comfy, still needing more hp. Now if they will just make the 2012 LX in white with the rumored K25 engine I will stand in line to buy it.

Sidney in New Orleans

·
Registered
201 Posts
Like others have said, it all comes down to opinion and personal preference. Personally, I don't like the looks of the 2012. I'm glad I bought my 2011. If I'd held out for the new body I would've been disappointed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was at the dealer friday to get my first free oil change and took a look at the 2012. I like the front a little better but still on the fence about the rear. Overall it's still a good looking Vech. but glad we traded when we did.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did a drive by to see the 2012 "in person": the front is much better, the rear worse. I guess it will come down to a test drive if I wanted to choose, but we are happy with our 2011 and I am sure the 2012 would sell well too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not this female. We did just replace my 2001 V with a new 2011, so I can't say I hate the new versions, but with the exception of the heated leather seats I liked the older car better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We traded our 2010 EX 4wd for a 2012 EX-L w/RES 4wd a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Didn't really plan on purchasing but after driving it and seeing all the improvements we couldn't resist. Well...mainly my wife. Never seen her so in love with a vehicle! Just my $.02

·
Registered
130 Posts
i'm a male...this is my 3rd CRV!! :) . Obviously I'm a satisfied CRV owner. Don't tell anyone but before I bought my 2012, I DID test out KIA. I looked at their lot one Sunday and could not believe how low the price was for all the features. I could not see buying the Sportage, when you could get Sorrento for only a very little bit more. In our area you can not find non-AWD CRV's on the one dealer we have, he only is allotted the 4WD. The KIA does offer FWD so that interested me, espeically the great EPA mileage. I test drove the FWD, then the AWD. I then rushed to my Honda dealer and bought the CRV. I found the interior quality to be, in a word, cheap, on the KIA's. Yes they come with lots of features for the money, but you think the CRV is bad on pep, try the Sorento ( I worry would make it over the tracks before the train hits). I was just not a fan. Then I compared resale values and the CRV just kills the competition. Plus the KIA dealer added no perks, where the honda dealer gave us Free oil changes for life of ownership (per the scheduled maintenance or if the on board computer said its time for a change), added pinstriping and mud guards at no charge, gave away two $50 gift certificates for dinners at two local nice restaurants, free car wash with each service, free car wash on your birthday, and extended the power train warranty offered by Honda from 5 to 7 years, free loaner car for any service taking over 3 hours to complete and he gave the same amount for trade in as KIA offered. So was a no brainer.

·
Registered
331 Posts
In regards to a Subaru..... I owned a Forester from brand new in 2000 for a total of 5 years. Boxer Engine equates to 4; count em! 4 head gaskets, which I had replaced 3 times in the 90K miles I owned it for. I'm not sure if Subaru addressed the Engine issues (effected a great deal of people) but; for that reason alone, I chose to pass on another Subaru. The damn thing was awesome in the snow and had/has more get up and go than the CR-V but with all of the problems I had with mine; not worth it. Hyundai and Kia are "borrowing" their styling from German autos and I admit that they make a real sharp looking car. They make Toyota look pretty "vanilla". It's a shame because they are drawing sales based off of styling and people are just buying cheap stuff. I actually owned a Sonata for 9 months and had to trade it in because it was a death trap in the snow. Compared to my Wife's old Camry SE the thing was just utter crap in the snow and had no control at all. Had to trade it in and in the 9 months I had the car; it lost over 14,000.00 in value. Never again!! Japan made cars!? you bet! American made cars!? not a chance! Korean made cars (hyundai/Kia)!? not on your life!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts