Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know some personnal experience with Hondata or Ktuner stage 1 tune before pulling the trigger on one of those. Does someone used it without problem on the long term?

I subscribed yesterday to this forum but i’m following it on a daily basis since I bought mine in may 2017.

That’s too bad that everytime someone asked about performance upgrade some folks start bull ****ting others. If you don’t have personnal experience or interest with those device maybe you should read another thread you’re easting your time and mine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bump. I see Hondata has a tuner for my '19 CRV. Also thinking on the JB4 with slightly less boost increase of say 2# above stock.
Anyone else try either?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the jb4 in my crv, it works as advertised with a noticable ( measurable to ) performance but you will need to run 91 octane not 87 pump with the stock maps. I noticed some on working with a +2.8psi map so it can work on pump gas tho.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the jb4 in my crv, it works as advertised with a noticable ( measurable to ) performance but you will need to run 91 octane not 87 pump with the stock maps. I noticed some on working with a +2.8psi map so it can work on pump gas tho.
so your running map 1 or a custom map? Is it easy to switch to Map 0 if your running 87 octane?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I run map 2 daily, map 3 if something gives me trouble to pass. To switch maps it's a double click in their app if you got the blutooth module for it and paid $25 for the app ( I know it's a pita ) if not you plug a laptop in to do it which more of a pita. I was going to do a ktuner or hondata but I jumped on the jb4 early when it was cheaper, plus I knew of them from the audi/bmw tuners. I see someone working with them to do a 87 pump custom map not sure if they are getting past 2.8 psi yet tho. with any of these it's best to run 91 pump but I a few times had to go to map 0 for 87 pump.

The jb4 is a signal interceptor so maps are simple add boost at x rpm, it doesn't mess with much else so the built in safeties are not bypassed plus a few of their own ( if temp is too cold or too high it turns boost off etc ). The only issue you may face is the ecu goes crazy if you disconnect the battery and takes 15 min of driving to reset the vss

1 - 5 of 5 Posts