Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding opening hood instead of fuel tank lid sometimes since they are placed so close to each other- anyone having the same issue???

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's been this way since at least 2007 (it is on my 2007). After it happens a few times, you eventually develop the muscle memory to get it right. Except now when I want to open the hood, I almost always open the gas filler cap.

Now in my home's double light switches, if I could only remember which one operated which light, it would be perfect ...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I don't like the location of the fuel release either... since they want to use a cable instead of electric release, at least put it along the sill trim, where it would be easier to reach.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It happened to me once so far and there I am at the pump with my hood popped...I'm sure no one really noticed but it made me feel like such a girl. Glad it isn't just me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't like the location of the fuel release either... since they want to use a cable instead of electric release, at least put it along the sill trim, where it would be easier to reach.
I actually like it off the floor. When it was on the floor it always got pretty dirty and was hard to clean. I think they could just drop the whole locking gas door completely. My last few cars were Fords, which don't lock, and it was a non-issue. Glad they now have a no-cap fuel system though like Ford, I like that a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It happened to me once so far and there I am at the pump with my hood popped...I'm sure no one really noticed but it made me feel like such a girl. Glad it isn't just me!
Same thing happened to me the second time I filled up. I pretended to be checking something under the hood. I also forget about the capless filler and reach for the fuel cap every single time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts