Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...So now that my car is fresh out the body shop from an accident and has fresh new paint on the hood I figured now is a good time to get a deflector for the hood. I've seen the Honda one as well as the WeatherTech. The WeatherTech appears to cover more area but is adhesive only. Has anyone had any experience with any other brands out there? I also thought about doing the clear film that is so popular, but I looked into doing that (full front end) and the price was $$$$.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You are freaking me out. After my accident I too decided to get a hood deflector. I got the Honda one. Seems to be deflecting alright.

Edit, I also have had the whole front end 3m filmed as well. It was $700 Canadian for the front pieces of the car.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
there is one I believe on Amazon - poor reviews for "misalignment of the screws" only. sadly I prefer how that one attaches versus the Honda one. so I keep putting off getting one.

·
Registered
962 Posts
We had the Honda deflector installed at the time we purchased the 'V' - we like it.

Installed by a Honda dealer it's covered by the Honda warranty, including extended warranty if you have one.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, I'm going to go with the OEM one. I usually order from HondaPartsCheap.com and on their site I see two different part numbers: 08P47-TLA-101 and 08P47-TLA-100. Does anyone know what the difference is? They have the same description and price.

On top of this there is also part number: 08P47-TLA-100R1, which is described as "Hardware Kit", but it's not clear if this is a standalone item that is already included when you purchase either of the two part numbers above. Here's the site:

https://www.hondapartscheap.com/aut...essory-components-cat/hood-air-deflector-scat

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Cool, I'm going to go with the OEM one. I usually order from HondaPartsCheap.com and on their site I see two different part numbers: 08P47-TLA-101 and 08P47-TLA-100. Does anyone know what the difference is? They have the same description and price.

On top of this there is also part number: 08P47-TLA-100R1, which is described as "Hardware Kit", but it's not clear if this is a standalone item that is already included when you purchase either of the two part numbers above. Here's the site:

https://www.hondapartscheap.com/aut...essory-components-cat/hood-air-deflector-scat

Thanks for your input!
Sometimes when accessories are new they’ll
Sell the hardware seperately especially when people snap them on install

08P47-TLA-100 Is the part listed on 2017, 2018 & 2019 install sheets

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are freaking me out. After my accident I too decided to get a hood deflector. I got the Honda one. Seems to be deflecting alright.

Edit, I also have had the whole front end 3m filmed as well. It was $700 Canadian for the front pieces of the car.
Where are you located/get this done? Local shops want around $900 for 18" hood and front bumper etc and around $1200 for full hood.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
prices in CA (San Francisco Bay Area) are very $$$$ too, but there are a lot of shops doing it and they vary wildly in quality and materials. I dont' think I can afford the film so might just to the deflector for now.

BTW, because my car was recently in an accident and full front end repainted, the one shop I did contact re: the film, said to bring the car in so they could look at the paint to determine if it's high enough quality for them to put the film on. I'm guessing if the paint job is a poor paint job the film could have a negative impact?

And speaking which, I see from the installation instruction for the OEM deflector, there are "paint protection" pieces (i'm gussing similar to the film we're discussing) that get applied to the hood so again, I'm not sure if the fact that my hood is repainted will affect those pieces going on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an OEM deflector and got rock chips on the hood just above it... My previous car I went with the film for the front hood,bumper, headlight and side mirrors. When new it was clear and invisible unless up close. After several years it started to yellow. After 300.000km and 13 years, I decided to remove it before selling. The front of my car was still pristine and like new. Then you look above the film line on my hood and it was peppered with little dots. :) For effectiveness, film in my view wins hands down.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have an OEM deflector and got rock chips on the hood just above it... My previous car I went with the film for the front hood,bumper, headlight and side mirrors. When new it was clear and invisible unless up close. After several years it started to yellow. ......
Yes, I forgot to ask about that....my CR-V is black, so I wonder how the film will look when it's old and starts to yellow.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts

has anyone installed the weathertech adhesive one? curious how it's holding up.

anyone install the AVS one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts