Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest add on:

No instructions included of course, but you can get the PDF's from College Hills Honda. Start to finish it took maybe 15 minutes. Quick and easy job.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Looks good.

I’ve been going back and forth on getting one. I’ve got oems in the past but the screws just seem excessive on the crv.

With that being said... i might order today finally since we have a roadtrip coming up haha!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I typically go with OEM accessories, unless they don't make it, as was the case with my front seat covers. Yeah, it's a lot of screws but it does feel very solidly attached. Granted, the two outermost screws on either end are attached to a bracket that is in turn attached to the surface of the hood by adhesive. Sill though, the force of the wind I believe only serves to push it against the hood anyway sot he adhesive isn't fighting some opposing force.

·
Registered
963 Posts
We had a OEM deflector installed when we purchased the CR-V.

15 months and 16,000 miles later it's holding on perfectly - and I've hit 100 MPH several times.

Hope you like yours!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do notice, on occassion, some wind/whistling noise coming from the deflector though. But nothing enough to be a bother.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drove up to college hills honda recently and bought the deflector to install on my '18 CR-V. Love the look of it and haven't noticed anything unusual with it so far. Seems to be pretty snug too, no movement if I try to wiggle it a little.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
Looks good.

I’ve been going back and forth on getting one. I’ve got oems in the past but the screws just seem excessive on the crv.
I don't like their screw attach stuff either - the only thing keeping me from getting it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You can look at Weathertech or AVS. I installed an AVS Aeroskin that lays flat on the hood. Installed one on my 2015 Accord and have no problems. I posted pictures in a prior thread regarding this topic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a white 2018 crv, and added a STICK ON chrome hood guard, got it from ebay. Looks great, but was a pain to put on because need 3 people to align and stick on straight. Good alternative to bolt on though

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the AVS one I like it because if fits flat
it cost me as much in postage and import fees to get it sent to the UK
But well worthwhile

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
When and if they still exist Perfect fit for Honda was what I used Gen 1, gen II. they fastened on as well 3M clear stick on beads under the top to be applied with 3M protective tape, Kept the weather stripping under the hood on.

Oxidation and age lasted past the 5-year date, and 8 years replaced with another one not Perfect fit as they went out.
My problem was when it gets brittle after age, the deflector flew off in pieces. so be careful in cold weather.

I rather have it screws on, you never know the pressure involved while riding

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't care for the look of the Honda Deflector. I installed an AVS Areoskin that lays flat with 3M tape. My almost 7 year old Accord has an Aeroskin and it is in great condition. The guys at the hand wash place used a power washer and blew off the AVS tap on the skin but makes no difference.

I posted pictures of the one I installed on a prior thread.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
You can look at Weathertech or AVS. I installed an AVS Aeroskin that lays flat on the hood. Installed one on my 2015 Accord and have no problems. I posted pictures in a prior thread regarding this topic.
(y) The use of surface skins like this are superior to the old mechanical deflectors, in my view.

• Protects hood
  • Modern, flush-mounted design for seamless looks and perfect fit
  • Low-profile aerodynamic design protects your hood from rocks and bugs
  • Available in acrylic Smoke or Chrome finish
  • Easy installation with included 3M automotive tape - no drilling!
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,778 Posts
(y) The use of surface skins like this are superior to the old mechanical deflectors, in my view.

• Protects hood
Sold!

Something for me to purchase in the summer!

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have the OEM on for 3.5 yrs now. No problem at all. There were no aftermarket when I bought since it was a new model. I have used AVS in the past and had no problem w/ them. Buy the one you thinks looks best. Very happy w/ my Oem.

·
Registered
277 Posts

• Protects hood
I also have one on my CRV

1 - 20 of 23 Posts