Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
The gaps on the mirrors are fine. There's no point in having a gap on the hood as it should wrap around. On the bumper however if you leave a gap, the gap areas will eat rocks. The gap on the mirrors seem fine. Nothing wlll hit the gapped area.

The gaps on the mirrors are fine. There's no point in having a gap on the hood as it should wrap around. On the bumper however if you leave a gap, the gap areas will eat rocks. The gap on the mirrors seem fine. Nothing wlll hit the gapped area.
Take your pick, precut film for the bumper with slight gaps just on the edges (the edges are really low risk) or find a skilled installer who can cut by hand to cover the bumper completely (make sure they are skilled with the proper blades). Last option, if you can't trust others to do it, do it yourself or forget about the whole proposition and use touch up paint on the rock chips. :)

Take your pick, precut film for the bumper with slight gaps just on the edges (the edges are really low risk) or find a skilled installer who can cut by hand to cover the bumper completely (make sure they are skilled with the proper blades). Last option, if you can't trust others to do it, do it yourself or forget about the whole proposition and use touch up paint on the rock chips. :)
Gaps are not an option for me. I wholeheartedly prefer rock chips all over the bumper than in a specific pattern around the gaps.

Those rock chips around the gaps are not low risk. They carry the same amount of risk they did with or without the rest of the film.

You can't find a "skilled" installer other than by going with word of mouth and trust. I don't pay money for trust, I pay money for things I can validate. So the only way I can assess the skill of the installer is to watch him install it and mitigate risk to the car myself.

So what I'll look for is an installer who people recommend as "skilled" who also allows me to be there during the install. It might not be something I can find so it may not be something I'll be able to install.

The worst thing one can do to their $40,000 investment is to install something to protect the car and wind up with the complete opposite effect, counter productive at its best - and paying $750 for "trust me, I'm skilled" is a perfect formula for that.

My 06 Si has 20% the swirl marks of the average car because I wash the car myself, 11 years and 300,000 miles later. Those swirl marks were caused by dealerships who washed my car without my authorization.

Im not gonna get swirl marks all over my car in order the partially save my front end from rock chips. I'll continue to use painters tape for long trips until I run into a nosemask if I can't find the installer that I want.

Garoto, I totally get it, I won't let the dealer wash my cars for fear they will make swirl marks. And I enjoy washing and sealing the paint myself. I just wanted to share info on ppf for anyone who was interested.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.