Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there fellow CRV friends,

I just wanted to put this new thread out and see if I can help anyone else out who has had problems adjusting to the seat in their CRV. I have gone through the wringer with my leather bucket seat. At one point I couldn't even drive my CRV. It was the pits to say the least and I just refused to sell this car that I loved so much. I went to many shops talking about putting extra padding on the hard leather seat and even listening to suggestions of replacing the entire bucket seat for a softer bucket seat. I ended up going to a bone and joint doctor and I got 6 different cortisone shots at different intervals throughout the 15 month ordeal of pain in the buttocks area. But the shots didn't help me at all. After much trail and error I am fine now and I can drive my CRV on long road trips. I finally found the right cushions and I also found a analgesic cream that completely let that area heal. I am so thankful that I can keep my sweet car!

But it was really rough sailing for a while and at one point I really thought I would have to sell my car even though I could not stand the idea. This car is the vehicle of my many dreams. Best car I have ever owned.

Please feel free to pm me if you would rather speak privately about help with this matter. My hope is to help anyone going through this difficulty. Maybe what worked for me can help someone else. :)

Epona

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Most vehicles seats are a pain to me because my butt has little padding. I purchased a gel seat cushion from Sam's Club and now have comfort while traveling in my vehicle or that of friends.

Glad that you have finally found relief and now can enjoy your CR-V.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most vehicles seats are a pain to me because my butt has little padding. I purchased a gel seat cushion from Sam's Club and now have comfort while traveling in my vehicle or that of friends.

Glad that you have finally found relief and now can enjoy your CR-V.

Enjoy the ride.
Hey jimbob, I have the same problem....too little padding....LOL.

I tried every seat and cushion out there. Finally I found great relief at a store called Relax The Back. I had to buy two seat cushions and sit on both for relief. They were expensive but I didn't care because the pain was so terrible. I was also taking analgesics because without the pain relief, I couldn't drive my car. It was really bad for a while.

So glad you found relief through Sam's Club purchasing a gel seat cushion! And it is portable so you can take it in a friend's car. Way to travel!

·
Registered
901 Posts
The CRV does not have hip support. So the hips feel all the pressure. They did that to make the vehicle lighter and pass the emissions and fuel economy test and standards. You need to put a big cushion under yourself. I tried that and it worked. Now even shoes are coming without toe support. I bought Reeb*k shoes and me toes got smashed. I threw them away.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You buy a $30K car and then look for a seat cushion. Does not make sense. Honda seats suck. Maybe others do too.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Installing good comfortable seats puts 10-20kg more on the total weight of the car and it cost more for the manufacturer. With tight fuel efficiency standards they save each kg of weight.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
You buy a $30K car and then look for a seat cushion. Does not make sense. Honda seats suck. Maybe others do too.
You can buy a $50k car and have the same issue. It’s not the vehicle, its the issue that person is having. Most of us do not have this problem and find the CRV quite comfortable.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I can actually remember the days when Honda was criticized by the car mags for having seats that were too soft and un-supportive.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You can buy a $50k car and have the same issue. It’s not the vehicle, its the issue that person is having. Most of us do not have this problem and find the CRV quite comfortable.
Hey Rickman,

Funny you should bring that up. When I went to the car upholstery shop to ask them if they could put more padding in the seat, they told me they could do that. The manager told me that they just pulled out a bucket seat and added padding to the seat and the lumbar area of a very expensive car worth over $200,000.00. I gasped when he told me that. He said there are many complaints today of all types of cars and the harder seats.

The manager told me the customer was quite pleased with the newly padded seat. I cannot imagine a $200,000 plus car out on the streets. I would never be able to relax and enjoy driving such a vehicle.

I am so happy that I only have to sit on one seat to drive my sweet CRV. And I can go on long road trips now. Happiness is keeping my dream CR-V as it is. :eek:

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 13 "V" seats are far superior to my former 05 "V" seats. (Maybe it's just the leather, and the heat of course, cause it's been cold here in Tennessee.)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 13 "V" seats are far superior to my former 05 "V" seats. (Maybe it's just the leather, and the heat of course, cause it's been cold here in Tennessee.)
I wonder what they are doing to the 2013 ( 4th generation) seats that is different from the 2005's? My CRV is a 2007 ( 3rd generation).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts