Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how are the 2019's doing with oil dilution and heat? My son is interested in one when he comes home in September - October. And yes I had a 2018 with major oil dilution and lack of heat issue. Sold it and got a Pilot in early December

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,625 Posts
So how are the 2019's doing with oil dilution and heat? My son is interested in one when he comes home in September - October. And yes I had a 2018 with major oil dilution and lack of heat issue. Sold it and got a Pilot in early December
Hard to say right now... since it is approaching summer time and summer fuel blends are in full effect. We would have more data if Honda had released the corrective TSB well ahead of last seasons winter cycle so people could have observed late summer, early fall, full winter and reported back on what if any OD they observed, and what improvements in cabin heating they realized.

I suggest you spend some quality time over in the OD thread to keep up to speed on what is known up to this point. If this becomes yet another OD thread.. the mods will lock it and consolidate it into the OD thread.

·
Registered
178 Posts
NHTSA lists 35 complaints, a few manufacturers communications and 1 recall. See:

This looks to be for the AWD. Looks like I dodged a bullet since I've gor the FWD ... phew!

Seriously though, there are also only about 5 complaints about 'gas smell'. Considering they are selling about 30,000 a month, perhaps things are looking better for the CRV? That being said, it does have more complaints that the Mazda or Toyota.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Owned my 2018 for about 16 months and absolutely no issues. Thats a lot better than most of the cars i have purchased in the past.

Rob

Reactions: S2k_Dude

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
2017 Touring AWD no issues with OD, heat, battery, etc. Great car. Our daughter-in-law and our son loved our 2017 so much they got a 2019 EX and have had zero issues.
We get 30-34 MPG highway with AWD. Love the car, they love theirs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hmm. I had a 2017 EX and now a 2019 EX. The engine is much louder. The 2017 was so quiet I could walk away and forget to turn it off, not so here. I'm assuming they tuned it to run hotter thus the noise. I won't know if it has oil dilution issues until next winter since summer is upon us already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just returned my 2019 after owning it for 8 days. 452 kms and had 10 liters of fuel in the oil. Dealership offered to replace it or for me to pick another model. I am getting another tonight but I checked 4 dips sticks before picking one. I suggest you look at the dip stick and make sure you can actually see oil on it and more importantly you can actually read the level, meaning you can see the oil, rather than a clear olive oil substance that is masked by the orange end. Side note. I also smelled 4 crv dip sticks, 2 accord (no oil/gas issue) and also a 3.5 V6 in a pilot and all the dip sticks smell the same (gas) So that is not a good way to check. Its seems that your oil looking like oil is the only way that you can "hope" that you got one that is ok or decent

1 - 20 of 25 Posts