Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GPS that has XM radio that can be played through the car stereo but I need a 1/8" aux input. The new 2015 CRV EXdoes not have a 1/8 input only usb ports and some other weird ports. Is there a way to hook the line out put to these USB/other ports in order to get GPX/XM in to my radio system? My 2012 CRV had an input jack but the new ones don't. Really would like to come up with a way to connect the GPS/XM into the new 2015 radio system. The GPS is not bluetooth compatible either.

Is there some type of adapter that would work?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I wonder if you can use an HDMI adapter with a 3.5mm (1/8") stereo audio connector on it?
Your CR-V should have an HDMI connector, but I don't know if it has audio-only functionality.
HDMI has analog audio signals in addition to digital audio & video.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I found an USB to 3.5 mm stereo adapter, but when plugged into the USB port it keeps coming up on the radio screen as no device connected. Damn I wish they would have just left a 1/8 aux input like before. Does anyone think the HDMI adpater would also show the same "no device found" message?

Help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have looked for the final answer to the question of using 1/8 phono plug with USB on 2015, but have not found it. Have just purchased CRV and have the same problem.
Why help out there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I found an USB to 3.5 mm stereo adapter, but when plugged into the USB port it keeps coming up on the radio screen as no device connected. Damn I wish they would have just left a 1/8 aux input like before. Does anyone think the HDMI adpater would also show the same "no device found" message?
Help!
Hello,

I'm curious...did you ever find a solution to this matter? I too have the same issue as I just bought my V last weekend and I was hoping to transfer my XM radio unit to the new car...but there is no audio in port. Just curious. Thanks so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts