Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just given a 2011 Honda CR-V. Was hoping it would be the all wheel drive one but found out it is not(Because it would say AWD in silver letters on the back right?) I have yet to see the car in person, only pics as its across the country and coming from a family member. Now here is my question, I am an outdoor guy, I live in a place where there is NOT a lot of roads to get where you want, its usually small rocks and gravel to get to hiking and mountain climbing spots. I am not talking about huge rocks or going uphill offroading, I mean like a few potholes and mainly dirt/gravel rock roads for miles. I have done these in a saturn ion and been perfectly fine but for some reason that saturn I had was a damn tank and no idea how its still running after all I put it through. The CR-V should do better right? It has brand new tires and obviously is a little bit higher up than the Saturn.

I just want to make sure this car can get me to some outdoor and nature spots, I read how good this car is in the snow but how about some mild outdoor non paved roads in the desert? (Out of 1-10 on the bad scale the roads are about a 6-7). If a saturn ion can handle it, the 2011 CR-V should be able to destroy those roads with ease...right?

Was given it totally free by a family member and feel super lucky and appreciative, just want to know what this car is capable of outdoor wise as I have no experience with CR-Vs thank you!:)

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
It will do loads better than the Ion. Plus, more room, ground clearance, comfort, and power. I think you're pretty blessed to have a family member give it to you for free since he/she could have sold it for a pretty penny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts