Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I usually just take the chamois after drying the car and wring it out good, then wipe the panel. A micro fiber cloth would work well too. I would NOT recommend spraying cleaner (Windex, Cinch) on the panel itself, put it on the cloth/rag then wipe the panel. You don't want to risk getting liquid behind the panel.

Reactions: Blu-Sky

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually just take the chamois after drying the car and wring it out good, then wipe the panel. A micro fiber cloth would work well too. I would NOT recommend spraying cleaner (Windex, Cinch) on the panel itself, put it on the cloth/rag then wipe the panel. You don't want to risk getting liquid behind the panel.
Thank you for your reply.
As of your answer I will use a top grade slightly water damp microfiber cloth then dry with a second microfiber cloth. Do you think the drying is a good idea?

Your opinion about this new idea please. Prior to wiping I’ve given thought to blowing the screen with canned compressed air. Good or bad idea?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I agree with a damp microfiber cloth, and then a dry microfiber cloth to dry it afterwards. I think drying it is better than leaving moisture on that plastic screen, as it's probably not sealed.

Canned air would be a very bad idea for two reasons.
The first is that may blow the dust into other components.
The second is that air coming out of those cans is cold and could damage the plastic.

JM2C

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Overnight idea. Have you thought of initially vacuuming the screen? Do not faint! The nozzle would be kept an inch or more in front of the screen. Doing this would hopefully lessen the impact of the microfiber.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I wouldn't get a vacuum near that screen if it was mine.
A damp microfiber should do the job. Dry it with same.
Is it really THAT dirty?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't get a vacuum near that screen if it was mine.
A damp microfiber should do the job. Dry it with same.
Is it really THAT dirty?
It has not been cleaned for a month. The car guy scratched screen when he wiped it off. I would keep it about 3” away.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I will assume that 'the car guy' who scratched it is the detailer.
Am I correct?

I still wouldn't get the vac near it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I will assume that 'the car guy' who scratched it is the detailer.
Am I correct?

I still wouldn't get the vac near it.
Yes, the car guy is a detailer I use. Given the detailer's prices one has to watch over the sensitive areas. The vacuum will not be use. Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
I use a very clean and premium microfiber cloth with a light spray of Adam's Polishes Interior Detailing spay. I do want to emphasize that you use a high quality cloth that has not been washed with regular laundry or dried with a "dryer sheet".

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
With a “very slightly” damp microfiber cloth. Honda says dry. My service manger said slightly damp. The dry did not clean as well as the slightly damp. If you see moisture on the screen wipe off with a dry microfiber cloth.

Doing the same for the dashboard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought this on amazon and have been thrilled with it. No bubbling and it’s invisible:

LFOTPP [Upgrade] 2017 2018 Honda CRV EX EX-L Touring 7-Inch Car Navigation Screen Protector, Tempered Glass Infotainment Display in-Dash Center Touch Screen Protector

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I wear glasses, so I keep liquid eyeglass lens cleaner around. I buy the Zeiss from Amazon in the six-pack. I also use it to clean my phone and monitors, and it works in the car too. With a microfiber cloth. I have a pile of old makeup brushes (my wife's discards) that are the best brushed I've ever tried. I wash them in dish water and blow dry with air from my airbrush compressor. Women go through a lot of these. They are also available new anywhere makeup is sold. Just don't get caught trying on lipstick. :banana:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts