Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I open any thread to view posts or play an attached video, a crappy Allstate video starts playing automatically somewhere on the page. I have to frantically scroll up and down to find its location and click on Pause. If Allstate thinks this will get them new customers, they can't be more wrong. Every time I hear this disruptive video, it confirms I did the right thing in not paying Allstate for my insurance needs.

How do I permanently disable these marketing videos and only play the video I clicked on?

Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not seeing any videos. I would suggest using Adblock Plus with either Chrome or Firefox.

There may also be a way to change the settings for the video ( I can't see it I can't be sure) with an option to keep it from playing automatically. Hover over it to see if a menu pops up or try right clicking on the video.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Use the "AdBlock" plug-in for your browser.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Also try turning on the popup blocker in your browser. By the way which browser are you using?
These are not typical "pop-ups" but are actually incorporated into the forum thread. The ad has a dedicated place in the thread just as if a forum member had made a post like this very one I am making.

Atleast that is the type of Allstate Ad I often get.

Cheers

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also try turning on the popup blocker in your browser. By the way which browser are you using?
I use the latest version of Firefox v36. Popup blocker is turned on. As Arcticdriver stated these video ads appear just like some one posted it. I also have Adobe flashplayer disabled. I activate it by clicking on a specific video. When I do, the Allstate crap activates itself and plays at the same time as my other video, and garbles the audio.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I use the latest version of Firefox v36. Popup blocker is turned on. As Arcticdriver stated these video ads appear just like some one posted it. I also have Adobe flashplayer disabled. I activate it by clicking on a specific video. When I do, the Allstate crap activates itself and plays at the same time as my other video, and garbles the audio.
Make sure AdBlock Plus is enabled. I've never seen the videos either and I run AdBlock in Firefox & Safari

·
Registered
36 Posts
I tried using Firefox 36 on two different PC's (Win 7 and Win 8.1) and did not see Allstate ad videos. This is a long shot but maybe a saved cookie triggers the ads. I use CCleaner periodically to cleanup cookies and other junk files on my computers. It's free and can be downloaded from piriform.com.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think the reason why some people see the ad and some don't is the login issue.
If you login with your account to the forum,you won't see the ad...
Please Correct me if i'm wrong..:)

·
Registered
868 Posts
I think the reason why some people see the ad and some don't is the login issue.
If you login with your account to the forum,you won't see the ad...
Please Correct me if i'm wrong..:)
Tried not logging in, tried logging in. Don't ever see an Allstate video. Could it be that it has to do with the country you're located in?

:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tried not logging in, tried logging in. Don't ever see an Allstate video. Could it be that it has to do with the country you're located in?

:cool:
If I'm not login,i'll see the ads ( pretty annoying for the first time )... After login,i don't see it anywhere in the forum..
I located in TX,US.. don't know if it has something to do with the region or not...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts