Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking into buying a CRV Gen 1. Either 1998-2001. I took a look at my neighbors 1998 and they back seats do not fold down flat. I want them to. I actually plan on using this car for business use. I service aquariums, and want to put many things in the back. They are good reliable cars. So any way people get these seats to fold down flat? I think they would fold down flat if the seats cushion did not get in the way, am I correct? Or do they only go down so far?

Could I cut the cushion (I would hate to do this as it would decrease the value of the car.) What about taking seats out or whatever? But the trunk is not level with the floor where the seats are.

Give me some ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Perfectly Flat" what is perfectly flat? I know that laying seats down is never perfectly flat, with usually a seem where the seats fold. I currently use a Subaru forester '04. The seats lay close to flat, maybe at a 10 degrees slant. I can manage with this. There is also a small bump where the seats fold. Again, manageable. I was wondering if anyone has any pointers or tips how to get seats flat on a CR-V. The Honda CR-V gets better gas mileage, cheaper, more reliable, and lasts longer than a Subaru forester which is why I like this car. I kinda wish I bought one instead of my forester.

Anyone else.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Why try to level the seats? Why not build a platform and make IT level. You would even have the opportunity to make the surface grippy, slippery, cushioned, etc. AND create tie-down points, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 1998 and found that the rear seat bases have tabs in the crease between the base and seat back, pull this to release the seat bases from the lock position and they then will lift from back forwards into the footwell. Now you can drop the sest backs into the space the bases were.
Hope this helps future readers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.