Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove panel below steering wheel on 2017 EX-L CRV ? Need to access the internal fuse panel. Does it just unsnap somehow? Related, should I disconnect ground from battery if swapping in a new fuse? Thanks for any help provided!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Try grabbing a hold of the lower left corner and pull towards you until that side pops loose. You will have to get the flange out of the rubber door seal. Don't rip it too far. You have to realize there are wires attached to the switches in the panel. To reinstall you'll need a little tool to get the rubber seal back over the flange in the plastic. It takes a little finesse. The rest of the fasteners just pop in and out of grommets. I didn't take mine all the way off to the right~at the console area.
There should be no need to remove the ground wire from the battery to change a fuse. But, I would ask myself why did the fuse blow in the first place? What circuit are you working on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will try that. My wife had a laptop notebook from work. Apparently the car adapter for it was faulty, she blew each of the two +12V accessory outlets, according to manual are each 20A! So, glad fuses were there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts