I figured it out. I just took out the rear speaker and had easy access to the power socket. The mechanic at the Honda dealership told me I had to take off the panel.. I'm glad I did not follow his directions, or his bad tip (to charge me $)
Here is how to remove the FRONT power socket but should also work to remove the REAR power socket.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the power is turned off BEFORE removing the power socket. Also, make sure that you replace the correct fuse. If in doubt, check all the 15 amp fuses and replace the defective ones.
1. Place the putty knife under the lower edge of the power socket and get ready to pry.
2. Use the 90 degree needle nose pliers to press down on the little tab (1mm x 1mm) tab and then pry out the bottom edge of the power socket.
3. After the bottom of the socket moves out slightly, use the 90 degree needle nose pliers to press up on the upper little tab, and then pry out the socket until the wire harness connector can be seen.
4. Unplug the old power socket and plug in the new power socket.
5. Make sure the socket is lined up so that tab on the right side lines up with the slot in the dash, and then push in the socket.
Great instructions on removing the cigarette socket. Need to know how to remove the whole assembly for the front accessory socket. The USB socket replacement I got is a bit big and need to remove the plastic cover shroud.