Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I replace the console shifter light on a Honda CRV 2014?

How do I access the light?

What lightbulb do I need?

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,180 Posts
The bulb is a #74 avaliable at your local auro parts store.

To access the bulb, remove the driver side plastic cover on the side of the shifter..the cover is where your right knee hits. Important: start popping the cover from the bottom, not the top. A small putty knife ( covered with some tape ) or plastic panel tool is useful. It's a good idea to cover the plastic area around the plate with masking or painters tape to prevent scratching the plastic. The bulb is located in the upper right of the opening.
Here is a youtube video I found...it's not a great video but it should help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[/URL]

To access the bulb, remove the driver side plastic cover on the side of the shifter..the cover is where your right knee hits. Important: start popping the cover from the bottom, not the top. A small putty knife ( covered with some tape ) or plastic panel tool is useful. It's a good idea to cover the plastic area around the plate with masking or painters tape to prevent scratching the plastic. The bulb is located in the upper right of the opening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How is the bulb removed? does its socket just pull out or does it need to be twisted. How much force is required to remove it? what color are the wires going to the socket? I purchased the bulbs (#74) and will be doing the replacement tomorrow.
Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[/URL]

·
Registered
1 Posts
How is the bulb removed? does its socket just pull out or does it need to be twisted. How much force is required to remove it? what color are the wires going to the socket? I purchased the bulbs (#74) and will be doing the replacement tomorrow.
Thank you.
Were you able to replace the bulb? Did you have to pull it out? The video doesn't mention anything about that.

·
Registered
2016 CR-V SE
65 Posts
I am having trouble trying to open up that side panel. It is stuck solid on the inside (engine side) lower corner. I don't want to pull too hard and break the plastic part around the panel. Whole thing is pulling (small strip below the panel). Any tricks or ideas? The top front corner seems to pop out quite easily. None of the bottom ones do and per the video, the top does not pull out (only the corners have tabs).

·
Registered
2014 EX-L AWD
138 Posts
i popped mine out yesterday. just to see, because i was down there anyways working on something else. plastic trim tool kit (available online or at HF) is your best friend. just insert from the bottom, and slide upwards, and it will pop. don't force it. just slide the correct tool, and the tool will do the work.

·
Registered
2016 CR-V SE
65 Posts
i popped mine out yesterday. just to see, because i was down there anyways working on something else. plastic trim tool kit (available online or at HF) is your best friend. just insert from the bottom, and slide upwards, and it will pop. don't force it. just slide the correct tool, and the tool will do the work.
Thank you. I have that same HF kit. I just need to find it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts