Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How how do I switch to ACC after driving without turning the car off? Can I go straight from driving to ACC without having to turn the car off?

This is with a 2015 EX-L with push start

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So say I have driven somewhere and I want to park and continue listening to the radio with the engine off for example.. in a keyed car you turn it back on position. Can I do that in a button start car?

·
Registered
491 Posts
So say I have driven somewhere and I want to park and continue listening to the radio with the engine off for example.. in a keyed car you turn it back on position. Can I do that in a button start car?
I checked the 2015 Owners Manual and the Start/Stop button logic is the same as my 5th Gen. See diagram below from your manual.
If you press and release the Start/Stop button once BEFORE you shift to Park, the engine will stop and power shifts seamlessly to accessory mode. This is indicated by the small dark grey "up" arrow (see legend at bottom of diagram).

On US models, if you then shift to Park, all power shuts off. Indicated by the larger light grey "up" arrow.
On Cdn models if you then shift to Park the Acc power remains On.

On US models if you do this and want to stay in Acc mode for awhile, you need to keep your foot on the brake pedal or apply the parking brake to ensure the vehicle doesn't roll. Make sure you shift to Park before leaving.

2015 CRV Start Stop Button.JPG

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you @marty if I can get the CRv from my wife I will try that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts