Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 months, I'm still getting used to all the controls on my new CR-V's navigation system etc.! One thing that still defeats me is how to change the volume of the (Garmin) satnav system. I know you can do it deep in the system settings, but surely there is also a way of doing it when driving and using the satnav?

I have searched using Google for an answer to this and thought I had found a solution - use the steering wheel volume control when the satnav is speaking - but, on my model, this only turns up or down the radio etc.

Surely there must be a simple solution? I've never before used a satnav that doesn't have access to an easily accessed volume control. Intuitively I would have expected that holding down the volume on/off on-screen button would have brought up a volume bar, but this doesn't appear to be the case. Can't believe no one's raised this issue before (especially as the default setting is quite loud)?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use the volume knob while the nav system is talking....you got to be quick.
Thanks for your reply. However, there's no volume knob on my model! Just +/- buttons on the console and on the steering wheel. I've tried both, during long instructions from the satnav, and as I mentioned before they just alter the radio etc volume.

Any other thoughts. There must be a way of doing this...?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your reply. However, there's no volume knob on my model! Just +/- buttons on the console and on the steering wheel. I've tried both, during long instructions from the satnav, and as I mentioned before they just alter the radio etc volume.

Any other thoughts. There must be a way of doing this...?
I am so pleased to read that another UK member is experiencing the same problem as myself. For the past few weeks I have been in dispute with Honda UK (not the dealer) about this. They asked for the vehicle to be returned to the dealer's workshop and they would instruct the workshop staff, over the phone, what to do and check - i.e delve into the "secret" menu and alter a few settings (which I had already done). They then took the stance that system was configured correctly and was working as designed even though, when driving at 70mph, the guidance instructions were inaudible as road noise and any music playing drowned it out. At 30mph an quiet country lanes with no other audio playing the message was just about audible. Like you, increasing the audio level via the +/- buttons has no effect. I would be interest on any solution you may come across. On previous CRVs that I have bought the audio level was reduced for the duration of the spoken guidance instruction so that it could be heard. Honda seem to have dropped that feature on the current models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts