Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you folks use to reach the center of the CR-V's roof when washing and waxing it? (unless you are seven feet tall ;))Some folks say you should use the rear wheel as a step, but that is quite a step and I doubt that I will be able to reach the windshield side of the roof from there.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,451 Posts
I use an inexpensive 2-step, step-stool. Got it on sale at Home Depot many years ago.

You MIGHT be able to use a single-level one, though, depending on how tall you are, and what your reach is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use an inexpensive 2-step, step-stool. Got it on sale at Home Depot many years ago.

You MIGHT be able to use a single-level one, though, depending on how tall you are, and what your reach is.
Thanks, Nice step stool! I also like it because it you can move it without having to bend too low;). Probably just add some pood noodle type covers to the back legs to prevent it from accidently banging against the car. As soon as we are free to shop.............

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,451 Posts
You are more likely to hit the car with the toes of your shoes than the stool. :rolleyes:

BTW when drying/waxing the car, the 'handle' makes a convenient towel rack. When finished, you can fold it flat with one hand and a 'shake'.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I do reach to the center of the roof with a sponge but a long reach brush is more convenient because the sleeves get wet trying to reach with a sponge.

In summer it's sponge only as there's tree sap and other stuff that require more rubbing.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CR-V Touring
1 Posts
I went by Harbor Freight and picked up a FRANKLIN 40 In. Lightweight Aluminum Work Platform. I think that Home Depot and Northern Tool have similar items.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts