Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience comparing the 2017 CR-V EX and EX-L? I took the EV-L for test drive since the dealer didn't have an EX on hand. To be completely honest I really liked it, and it feels like substantial improvement over my 2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited. The audio in the EX-L was surprisingly decent with the 8 speaker set up, and this has gotten me thinking about splurging for the EX-L. I spend enough time in my car (~18,000/year) to want at least a tolerable audio experience. I'm not the guy in the old Maxell commercial, but I enjoy listening to at least an hour of music each day.

Aside from potentially better audio in the EX-L I don't have any reason to pick it over the lower trim EX. If I go with the EX will I miss those two additional speakers? It looks like it would be the upper speakers (tweeters?) in the second row doors that I would lose, and I assume I won't be able to add them later. Can anyone share any insights on this? I'm not opposed to replacing all 4 of the lower door speakers, and could do that as (a possibly early) Christmas present for myself.

I used to have an '03 Civic EX, and I miss it dearly. Leaving the tribe was a terrible decision. Help me come home to Honda. :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts