Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just new to this forum after purchasing the 2.2 i-CTDi 3 weeks ago :)

The rumours regarding the 150hp Engine may revolve around the new i-DTEC Engine that will debut in the new Accord. This engine may in fact end up in the CRV but I think there may be issues around the size/shape and how this is squeezed in. I suppose where there is a will there is a way !

Its sounds logical as the i-DTEC is the next generation of diesel from Honda.

......other option is to get the 2.2 i-CTDi engine chipped from the 140hp to 192hp which I believe is quite easy done and available on the market :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just read through the other diesel threads and realised the i-DTEC engine is also discussed there so please ignore my contribution ! :)
Any contribution is useful! How different is the i-DTEC from the current engine? I would be suprised if they have made fundamental changes to shape, block, etc. Perhaps it's just a reworking of valve timing, turbo, etc.? In which case it would slot straight into the CRV....?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have not done any research into the diffs in any detail to be honest and was only basing my comments on what the dealer mentioned to me with regards to the fittment of the engine and with regards to the accord having a much longer nose etc etc.

I am sure Honda have plans for this engine to not just for the accord but I suppose we have to wait and see.

Anyway my CRV is bought now with the current diesel and its the first time I have owned a Honda and overall I am very very pleased with it after 4 weeks of ownership. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just new to this forum after purchasing the 2.2 i-CTDi 3 weeks ago :)

The rumours regarding the 150hp Engine may revolve around the new i-DTEC Engine that will debut in the new Accord. This engine may in fact end up in the CRV but I think there may be issues around the size/shape and how this is squeezed in. I suppose where there is a will there is a way !

Its sounds logical as the i-DTEC is the next generation of diesel from Honda.

......other option is to get the 2.2 i-CTDi engine chipped from the 140hp to 192hp which I believe is quite easy done and available on the market :)
http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/Car%20Tuning/vehicles/honda/honda-CR-V-ecu-remap-chip-engine-tuning.html

These guys are probably who you're thinking of if you're in the UK. I will be doing this as soon as I can clear enough time in my diary!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeh, looked these guys up a week or so back and it does sound like a straight forward upgrade. Not decided if I will go ahead or not due to insurance implications etc. I am tempted though :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi macfife - -are you from Fife by any chance - am having doubts about noises coming from my 4 week old cdti engine - seems very coarse and loud for my liking. Wondered how yours was? Every review I read says its quiet and refined but mine isnt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response as been away and yes for my sins I am from the Kingdom ! :).

I know what you mean with regards to the refinement but I mainly find it a wee bit rough in 1st and 2nd but it gets a bit smoother from 3rd upwards. I had a V6 diesel in my previous motor and the CRV is in comparison to that it a lot less refined being a 4 pot.

However I think it is quite quiet on idle and on comparison to many of the VW/Audi 4 pot diesels I think the Honda is a very good unit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
not sure how I've missed this thread until now! :eek:

various bits of spurious info: :D
the 2.2 engine does take a little while to bed in, and in the first few thousand miles can sound a bit clattery...
But this does go away (not completly, but enough) :)

I had the same engine in my previous car - the 8th Gen Civic - and after about 6K miles it got to the point where I just didn't notice it anymore, except maybe when cold, or if I had been too lazy to change down from 6th at 30mph LOL

It's a great engine, and I love it - which is why I went for it again in the CRV :D

Regards Celtic tuning - I know of several people who have done just this (on the Civic), and can't praise it highly enough!
SuperChip also do an option also giving 192bhp - higher cost, but with a warranty (if that sort of thing matters to you)

Anyone interested is seeing real world customer feedback on the various tuning options for the 2.2 could do worse than popping across to Civinfo - Honda Civic Forum and looking in the engine section - particularly in the 'more oomph for your 2.2' thread

Tell em TTDegs sent you! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new and live in london.

Just bought a crv diesel, purely for the performance over the petrol and nothing to do with fuel costs, although despite what is said in this and other threads they are still cheaper to run more so as the price of diesel and petrol goes up, despite the 10% price difference.

I expect to get mine remapped as soon as possible and will certainly be speaking to celtic about it. I am really not sure why people are placing so mch trust in superchips warranty, I suspect it won't be worth the paper it probably isn't written on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've recently got a 2005 diesel cr-v, and live in London as well. Mine is quite high mileage but runs really well.

A family member has the petrol cr-v and the difference in fuel economy is like night and day. admittedly the petrol cr-v is an auto, but they get around 17mpg driving around London town and I get about 32mpg.

Would be good to share info with fellow UK diesel owners

21 - 33 of 33 Posts