Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda CR-V
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been meaning to do this for more than a year but keep forgetting. When I got this CRV It took me a while to figure out the best way to do a stereo install. My problem is the amp is to big and even though there are a couple of nice installs floating around the WWW, very few helped me out. Most of the installs on CRV's use the spare tire area, I could not do that. I am 50, I know how important a spare tire is. I also needed a smaller speaker box that was easy to remove, in case I need to get to the spare. The difficult part was where to put a huge amp. Most of the class D amps are tiny, you can easily mount them under a seat. This amp was not going under a seat. Another problem I had was I do a lot of hiking and frequently leave my truck out in the boonies. I could not mount the amp on the floor, again, spare tire. That is what I loved about my 97 CRV, the spare tire mounted on the back door. And, it still had a spare tire compartment in the floor! Anyway, as you can see in the photos, that is what I came up with. Hopefully, it will help someone out. There was a lot of head-scratching on this one. Oh, and if you are wondering why the amp was raised off of the floor, it is for air circulation. Class A/B amps can get hot. The amp is 6 years old and still pounds pretty good.

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

·
Registered
2 Posts
A fine install....congrats. And that Soundstream amp Certainly sounds better than any compact class D amp could ever hope to. Are you using the factory head or did you replace that as well? Also what speakers are you using and what sub in that beautiful box?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.