Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the new 2012 cr-v coming to showrooms soon how much below invoice do you think I could pick up an '11 model for. I'm looking at the AWD EX version and on Truecar one dealer gave me a price 500 below invoice (this includes destination fee, regional ad fee). I figure I can use this price to see what other dealers in the area are willing to offer. But I'm wondering, realistically, how much lower they could go. I doubt they would actually be willing to lose money on the car just to make room for the new model, would they? Nevertheless I read accounts of people getting great OTD prices which when you subtract TTL makes it seem like the dealer had to lose money on the transaction. For instance, on the 2011 EX AWD with a factory invoice of 24737, and a dealer offer 500 below that, what could I reasonably offer as an OTD price and not get laughed at?

Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Even with the new model coming soon the 2011 continues to be a hot seller up here in Canada thanks to financing and factory incentives.

Unless you find a dealer with a 6 month supply on the lot i would not count on beating them up over the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a salesman at a new Honda dealer, and even though we have about a dozen 2011s left on the lot, we haven't been going below MSRP to get rid of them. We have let a few customers walk away when they wanted the car at just over MSRP. There are enough people who want a CRV and don't like the new body style that the bosses don't seem to be too worried about mving them.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm a salesman at a new Honda dealer, and even though we have about a dozen 2011s left on the lot, we haven't been going below MSRP to get rid of them. We have let a few customers walk away when they wanted the car at just over MSRP. There are enough people who want a CRV and don't like the new body style that the bosses don't seem to be too worried about mving them.
You're telling us your bosses want list for '11 models?
That's ridiculous!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oops, I meant invoice. They're going well below MSRP, but not quite touching the invoice price. Haha, pretty big mistake for a first post, huh?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Oops, I meant invoice. They're going well below MSRP, but not quite touching the invoice price. Haha, pretty big mistake for a first post, huh?
LOL!
I figured you meant invoice which is still quite high considering there is a $500 manufacturer to dealer incentive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I paid right at 20k for my 2011 LX 2wd out the door. That includes the dealer fees (destination) but didn't include the title and tax which I paid cash for. I think I got a pretty good deal as it was brand new and I just got it a couple months ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts