Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This Saturday I paid the dealer $50 for full synthetic oil change and and $150 for transmission fluid drain and fill. Austin TX.
How many miles do you have on your CRV? The cost is similar to what my dealer is charging. ($50 and $140).

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've got an AWD model so i chose to do the dual pump fluid at the same time, i think i paid about 190$ at my Honda dealer in Cincinnati. I think i was around 35K when i first had it done and i've only put on another 10K since then.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Honda had to reprogram or flash the computer as part of the transmission recall in my 2014. They changed the transmission fluid as part of the recall. That was at 20,000 miles so we are good to go for a while.

Reactions: crv999

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,915 Posts
How much did you pay at dealer for CVT fluid drain and fill?
My local dealer wants $180 regardless of CVT or AT. I do it in my garage for roughly $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: crv999

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've got 61,000 miles and have had the drain and fill 3 times. First was 45,000 miles I think. Then again at 50,000 and at 60,000. Not according to MM. I'll look into it again at 90,000 at the earliest. Also, I believe latest was $119.99, not 109.99
First drain and fill was $99.99. The good ole days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How many miles do you have on your CRV? The cost is similar to what my dealer is charging. ($50 and $140).
I am just over 93K miles now. I waited for the MM, and I was getting nervous because it just never appeared. I bought the vehicle used with 55K miles and it finally popped up a few weeks ago. I can only guess the fluid was already changed before I bought it.

Side question - does anyone know if the MM simply goes off of mileage, or are there sensors that read the fluid conditions? Like if someone simply reset the MM but did not change their oil, CVT fluid etc, would the MM pop up again shortly after?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts