Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 09 CR-V currently has about 75k miles on it. The brake rotors have not been changed. They don't seem to be warped/damaged and are not overly rusted. I don't feel any pulsation in the brakes either.

The brake pads to need replacing soon, and I am debating whether to replace the rotors along with the pads. Is it necessary to change the rotors at 75k miles if they're working fine and don't seem to be warped?

·
Registered
437 Posts
If the rotors are in good shape there is no need to replace them. Just check that the thickness is greater than the minimum required

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm at 72K miles and just did my brakes. Did pads and rotors. I figured if the originals lasted this long I might as well put both on. The rotors were rusted to the hubs. One rotor came off in 2 pieces, that was a first for me. I think it was well worth it to do both instead of having to go back in later.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm at 72K miles and just did my brakes. Did pads and rotors. I figured if the originals lasted this long I might as well put both on. The rotors were rusted to the hubs. One rotor came off in 2 pieces, that was a first for me. I think it was well worth it to do both instead of having to go back in later.
Did you need to use an impact driver to remove the old rotor screws?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I drove over 270K miles on the rotors in my truck, no problems with them. The key is to keep up on the pad changes and lubricate the slide pins before they do any damage.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The rotors are so inexpensive, I change mine when I change pads. The can be had for under $25 per set. I wouldn't bother turning rotors these days. Recycle them or take them to a scrap yard.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts