Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 front tires on my CRV are newer with more tread and I would like to keep those tires up front since it’s fwd. When rotating the tires should I just rotate side to side or should I just not rotate them?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Are you tires directional? Then you can only rotate them front to back (without dismounting the tires from the wheels).

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you tires directional? Then you can only rotate them front to back (without dismounting the tires from the wheels).

How can I tell if they are directional?
They are Continental crosscontacts.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I checked tirerack, and there are 6 different Crosscontact models.
I did some general searching and found this information:

In general, a directional tire will have an arrow somewhere on the sidewall showing the direction it needs to rotate.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,777 Posts
I'd say, if they are wearing evenly, just leave 'em.

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are Continental Crosscontact LX, I don’t think these are directional. Might rotate side to side or leave them as is until it’s time to get new rear tires.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 2 front tires on my CRV are newer with more tread and I would like to keep those tires up front since it’s fwd. When rotating the tires should I just rotate side to side or should I just not rotate them?
One of the tires starts the pulling process when accelerating from a stop. It wears the most. If the tires are not directional, it is OK to switch sides with them.

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of the tires starts the pulling process when accelerating from a stop. It wears the most. If the tires are not directional, it is OK to switch sides with them.
I was not aware of this, thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I did some web searching on the Continental Crosscontact LX tires, and they are not directional.
That means you can swap the front tires, and leave the rears where they are for now.
Once the fronts wear more, and the tread depth is close to the tread depth on the rear tires, then I'd go with a four wheel rotation.

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did some web searching on the Continental Crosscontact LX tires, and they are not directional.
That means you can swap the front tires, and leave the rears where they are for now.
Once the fronts wear more, and the tread depth is close to the tread depth on the rear tires, then I'd go with a four wheel rotation.

Ok I will do that , thanks for your help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts