Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SO was side-swiped a few days ago in our ’14 LX. The damage is near the rear quarter panel, wheel-well and rear driver door. The majority of the damage is on the bottom of the rear driver door, near the wheel-well, including the door jamb where the door latch is bolted. I am somewhat scared the car will be totaled (but I digress).

However, when I trace the rear quarter panel, it starts from the rear of the vehicle and extends all the way to the hinges of the driver door. The entire thing is one piece...there are no seams anywhere from front to back. The door jamb near the wheel-well is completely bent and mangled, so the panel does need to be replaced. But I can’t find a replacement piece for the entire quarter panel. I only see parts like this which are half of the panel (and don't extend the full length of the current panel). The diagram shows the rear quarter panel as a separate piece from the driver door area, but it's clearly a single continuous piece on my car. The top piece is exposed on the CRV, so it would be impossible to hide such a seam (I think).

What am I missing here? How is it possible to replace the entire piece when I can only find half of the part online?!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
It's two pieces, which are welded together.
If you were to remove the paint down to bare metal you would be able to see the seam.

·
Registered
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,066 Posts
Replacing those is commonplace in most body shops they get cut out and welded in as needed. They then get filled and sanded until smooth. After paint is sprayed, you can't tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts