Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2014 CRV and adding a Garmin Dash Cam with the parking cable option. This cable has three leads. One for Ground, one for Battery and one for Accessory. The cable give you the option when parked to record video automatically while you car is parked if there is motion. The question is where is the best place to connect the cable. Obviously Ground is ground. The Battery cable should be connected to a constant power source and the Accessory cable attached to a switched power source, powered only when the car is running. Is there a place in the fuse box to connect the constant and switched power? Or do I need to connect to another place?

Thanks for the help. Bruce

·
Registered
12 Posts
you should use the fuse box, they are all labled and use 'add a tap' type connector.

i just use the given 12v plug-in for my garmin camera. after reading, it will continue to record videos over and over....you may lose video you wanted to keep unless you check and save constantly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and I just ordered the add-a-circuit fuse tap from amazon and I think that will work. Didn't know they made that type of add-on. Great information and thank you.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,101 Posts
Moving to Mobile Electronics section.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wiring for the dash camera.....

There's an inner cabin fuse box located just left of the steering wheel area. Hard to see but can be seen while bending over and looking upward - into the left foot well cavity area. Find the rear windshield wiper fuse - that is only live when the ignition key is ON. Add-A-Fuse onto it. I'm sure "always live" 12 "+" volt fuse to "add-a-fuse" onto can be found using 12 volt test probe as well...

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts