Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently purchased a 2015 CR-V EX and am amazed that there is no Aux/Audio port on this model. (only on the LX).
In my 2003 Element, I had a XM Satellite radio that I figured I could just reinstall in the new CRV. It appears that there
is only a USB connector and from what I have read so far, if I use a Sirius/XM app and connect it through the HondaLink?
and my phone, wouldn't I still be paying data charges on my phone?
Do they have a USB to audio jack that I could use?
The satellite radio kit that I have works fine and I want to use it in my CRV...has anyone had this issue? and if so did you
find a work around? I travel/drive allot for my work and the Satellite radio is crucial to my sanity.

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
search 3.5 mm to usb adapter. I just did a search, and there are tons of them. Did your new CR-V not come with the tuner already? If it did, why not just transfer the service to your vehicle?

·
Registered
159 Posts
If all else fails, FM transmitters are available that will transmit the XM audio to a preset FM frequency on the radio. Not the best solution unless it is the absolute last resort.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. The 2015 EX and above do not have an audio in/aux port...just the LX model does for some reason.
I will look into the USB to Audio Port online and I forgot that I could try sending signal through the FM channel. Thanks again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
search 3.5 mm to usb adapter. I just did a search, and there are tons of them. Did your new CR-V not come with the tuner already? If it did, why not just transfer the service to your vehicle?
To my knowledge, the EX does not come with an Satellite tuner installed...I believe only the Touring model or the Ex-L does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why didn't you buy EX-L with XM radio? You need a Bluetooth model like this https://www.siriusxm.com/lynx
Honestly, it came down to the pricing and I kinda expected that an XM Radio tuner would come built in on modern cars now. I am more annoyed about the lack of an AUX port. Ultimately, I will have my old XM Radio installed with @ $30 in extra parts that are needed to connect it to the car stereo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel your pain junkxposx!!! We're having the same issue over here! We tried a bunch of converters and USB/3.5mm connectors but nothing. I even tried a Bluetooth transmitter, but HondaLink can't stream Bluetooth audio.

I think it is a conspiracy between Honda & SiriusXM to kill all the lifetime subscribers out there! They removed the aux jack in the EX and up so you can plug-in an iPhone in the HDMI plug and watch movies on the 7" low resolution screen, but only when parked.

I think our last option is to remove the radio and install a FM Direct Connect box directly in the antenna jack (http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600/cp49750/si4263737/cl1/) . My dealer wants an hour of work to plug it... Does anyone know how to remove the new radio unit in an EX model?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why didn't you buy EX-L with XM radio? You need a Bluetooth model like this https://www.siriusxm.com/lynx
If you had a lifetime subscription of SiriusXM you would know why we don't want a car with the satellite radio built-in, you're not allowed to. You're only allowed 4 radio in the life of that lifetime plan and they have to be stand alone radios.

I don't think your alternative would actually work. I tried this Bluetooth transmitter (http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P24XKS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and HondaLink wouldn't want connect to it. That device connected to every Bluetooth devices in my house, including my alarm clock, but never wanted to connect to the CR-V radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honestly, it came down to the pricing and I kinda expected that an XM Radio tuner would come built in on modern cars now. I am more annoyed about the lack of an AUX port. Ultimately, I will have my old XM Radio installed with @ $30 in extra parts that are needed to connect it to the car stereo.
junkxposx,
I am facing the same issue with my 2015 CRV EX model. Can you let me know what parts you used? The Honda dealer told me that they sell a 'cable kit' that allows you to connect to the HDMI, but they want $120!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well, this is disappointing to read about the new CRV's.

I bought a 2007 Ex-L with navigation and I subscribe to Siruis XM radio. When you subscribe, they will walk you through the set up which is quite easy. I pay like $12.00 a month and it is so very worth it! I am spoiled now with XM radio. Cannot go back to just regular radio now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Add SiriusXM via Bluetooth

Bluetooth Transmitter, TaoTronics Portable Wireless Stereo Music Transmitter for 3.5mm Audio Devices: TV, PC, Tablet, MP3/MP4, iPod and other Media Players (Not A Bluetooth Receiver) from Amazon, $27.99 solved my problem and I'm now listening to my Delphi Roady SiriusXm via the bluetooth. It took several tries to pair the two devices.
I also tried it with an older Ipod. Beautiful music.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bluetooth Transmitter, TaoTronics Portable Wireless Stereo Music Transmitter for 3.5mm Audio Devices: TV, PC, Tablet, MP3/MP4, iPod and other Media Players (Not A Bluetooth Receiver) from Amazon, $27.99 solved my problem and I'm now listening to my Delphi Roady SiriusXm via the bluetooth. It took several tries to pair the two devices.
I also tried it with an older Ipod. Beautiful music.
Wondering how you manage to pair it with your CRV, really having a hard time to pair. Care to share the steps you did? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I signed up to this site to try to answer your question since buddy never did. I too had trouble pairing my bluetooth transmitter (Taotronics TT-BA06) to my wife's 2015 CRV. In fact, I gave up on my first attempt (I bought the transmitter for something in the house anyway, not for the CRV, so was just trying it out to see if it would work). Anyway, I tried to pair it as a bluetooth device and the CRV kept not finding it. The key was, after the search and it told me that it found nothing, a button shows up on the CRV's screen saying "Phone not listed" or "Phone not found" or something. Press that. As soon as I did, it found it! It listed the name as "CSR audio device" or something (sorry, didn't get pictures as I went, as I expected it to fail again). I then changed the name of the device to "Taotronics" so I would remember what it was. Then I plugged the transmitter into my 10-year-old Sirius radio and boom - it streamed audio via bluetooth - nice and clear, unlike the FM transmitter.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found a product called "SATSTREAMER" made by Audiovox that works with the SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner. The SATSTREAMER unit connects to your audio through Bluetooth. The SXV300 connects directly to SATSTREAMER and gets its power from it. I just tried it on my 2016 Honda CR-V ex and it works fine even though it's advertised to work with the 2015 model. I bought SATSTREAMER from Sonic Electronix through Amazon for $199.99, and the SXV300 from Amazon for $37..46. The Audiovox web site is audiovoxoei.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
I solved the connection problem between the Honda-Link and my SiriusXm stand-alone radio with a bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the audio outlet on the XM. Amazon has them from TaoTronics for about $28, but I found the exact same model on eBay for $16. It takes awhile for the Bluetooth connection to be recognized, and I've stopped using my bluetooth phone connection with Hondalink, but IT WORKS! Sometimes when I stop the engine and restart the bluetooth connection doesn't connect right away, but pressing the reset button on the transmitter solves the problem.
I have also reconfigured my phone set up with my Garmin GPS so I still have hands free bluetooth phone capability, just not using HondaLink. Hope this helps anyone else out there frustrated, as I was, by Honda's decision to remove the AUX jack, which my 2004 Element has and which I still use when I'm driving the Element and listening to SiriusXM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used this Satellite Radio Sirius Car Kit - Honda - Oem Auto Integration for my wife's 2016 CRV. It works through the factory usb port and wired power and ground similar to the Satstreamer but doesn't connect through bluetooth.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts