Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Honda CRV users. I have a problem that I could really use your help with. I make regular trips through all of europe with my CRV and a caravan. The caravan has a rear view camera. Normally, that camera is connected to a small lcd screen on the dashboard. Since the honda already has two screens, I wanted to connect the camera to one of them. Since I sometimes use the camera to see what is behind me while driving, I do not want to use the screen of the navigation / multimedia system. So I would like to tap in to the sustem of the regular rear view camera that this car came standard with.
The cable coming from the back door seems to split up into two connectors behind the left back panel (left looking from the back that is): a smaller one containing 8 equally thin wires (red-yellow-white-green-grey-black/silver-black/silver-black/silver) and a bigger one containing several thicker and thinner wires.

If I disconnect the small connector, I lose the image on the rear view camera screen in the dashboard. Disconnecting the large conncetor has no effect on the rear view camera screen at all. I would say it is safe to presume that the cable from the camera to the screen runs through the small connector. The question is which one?

I have tried to probe them and read the voltages. the first ones (from left to right, so the red and yellow) read hardly any voltage at all, the last one (one of the three black/silver ones) seems to hold 10V.

I have tried to tap into the wires to connect a small externeal rear view camera screen. Connecting it to the first one (red) results in a slightly lower light on the dashboard mounted screen, but no image on the esternal camera screen. The second one (yellow) results in a change of image on the esternal screen, but no image from the camera, the screen goes blue. The other ones to give any result, the last one i did not try because of the 10v on it.

So for Now I am kind of stuck, how to proceed from here? Your help and input is highly appriciated!

Kind Regards

T. Blokpoel

PS English is not my native language, so sorry if things are not clear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to add that i want to include a switch so I can switch between the car's rearview camera and the one connected to teh camera.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts