Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to delete all personal info - contacts, phone, etc.

20K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  lmaxim 
#1 ·
I hope this is the right place to post this question.

I will be selling a 2017 CRV EX-L (no navigation). I need to make sure all personal info is deleted. I see how a connected cell is deleted. Does that delete all call history, contacts, etc.? Also, how about disconnecting a Sirius account. Anything else I need to clear. I want to make sure that no personal information is left on the vehicle.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

#2 · (Edited)
On my phone I have downloaded copies of both the User Guide (more basic) and Owner's Manual (more detailed). I searched for reference to deleted contacts and found none, which makes me think that when the phone is unpaired they go away.

I think you could test this by unpairing and re-pairing the phone, or by turning off the phone, or by simply turning off the phone's Bluetooth while in the car; and in that state, try to find contacts on the car system. I'm pretty sure, from my experimentation, that you can't see contacts for a phone that isn't actively participating in a current Bluetooth connection.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
For Sirius XM, the subscription is unit-based, so you will need to contact Sirius and disable that unit ID from your account. You can add a new unit to your account later, or your disabled ID can be added to someone else's account after you release it.

#4 · (Edited)
I will be selling a 2017 CRV EX-L (no navigation). I need to make sure all personal info is deleted. I see how a connected cell is deleted. Does that delete all call history, contacts, etc.?
Not if you have imported your phonebook (what Honda Link calls your contacts). Download the User Manual and search for "import phonebook" or "clear the system" (page 399 of the 2018 User Manual, the 2017 may be on a different page). There is a procedure for clearing the system that you need to follow.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Hmm... I just tested my 2018 (Display Audio) and when no phone is connected, the phonebook and speed dial list are inactive and not selectable. Furthermore, each phone's list is separate so I can't see my wife's contacts either unless she's connected. I did import both our phonebooks.

This would seem to indicate my original thought that only contact lists from participating Bluetooth connections are visible.

Can you describe the menu system whereby you were able to see contacts otherwise?

Still, if I were selling my car, I'd certainly want to follow the procedure you highlighted to make sure the system is clear! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.